Windows 10: june 2020 windows 10 update and printer problems- is there asolution as i cant print

Discus and support june 2020 windows 10 update and printer problems- is there asolution as i cant print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/june-2020-windows-10-update-and-printer-problems/0de38b92-da35-4395-bbcf-4a4522756b87 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jay-jay100, Jun 28, 2020.

1. june 2020 windows 10 update and printer problems- is there asolution as i cant print

Please help

:)

Jay-jay100, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2020
  4. june 2020 windows 10 update and printer problems- is there asolution as i cant print

Printing Problems since June Windows 10 update

Hello Elaine,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article
    on how to resolve printer issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

june 2020 windows 10 update and printer problems- is there asolution as i cant print

1. june 2020 windows 10 update and printer problems- is there asolution as i cant print - Similar Threads - june 2020 update

2. June 16, 2020 Printer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    June 16, 2020 Printer?: June 16/ 2020 Printer will not print. Brother MFC. What's up???? Maryann C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/june-16-2020-printer/1181c678-f77d-477c-a2d5-5535dd675f9e
  3. Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Edge update in June 2020 Problem: I got an auto update on Windows 10 in late June. Since this update, I have to sign into Chrome and every one of my apps every day. I don't want to use Edge. I've set Chrome as my default browser. But, I still have to sign in...and I get notifications that I have signed in...
  4. Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS

Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS: Hello, PLEASE HELP!!! I was working away on my computer and got notified I needed to reboot for an update. I did so, but once it finished, my monitor display isn't right. It is all stretched out and huge font, and I can't find an adjustment to get it back. AS WELL, my...
  5. June 2020 update

June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  6. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: My printer Brother MFC J220 stopped functioning after the June Windows Update. I thought it was because it was an older model as I have had it for several years. I tried uninstalling it, but the printer icon was no longer there all that was there was a small square. I tried...
  7. Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer will not print after June/2020 update: My printer stopped working earlier this month June/2020, I thought it was my Brother printer MFC J220 going bad so I tried to uninstall it, but it was nowhere to be found under devices. I finally researched and accomplished it but found out it was not my printer, it was a...
  8. Windows Update June 12, Printer wont Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update June 12, Printer wont Print: I have a Brother DCP-J125 Printer. It still scans, but wont print after the Windows KB4560960 update. How do I install the KB4567512 Resolution I have uninstalled and re installed the driver for the printer. When I go to Settings to add a new printer, its not there....
  9. Windows 10 Update June 10 2020

Windows 10 Update June 10 2020: Hi Up until recently my installation of Windows 10 seemed to be working well and has been stable for several months. I updated a few days ago but did not accept the additional update to version 2004. I have an irritating issue that I'd like a little assistance with. The...
  10. Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver

Windows 10 June 2020 update incompatible with printer driver: After the June 2020 update of Windows 10, our Brother MFC-6490CW seemed from computer end to print as usual, queue handled properly etc, but no printouts were delivered by the reliable scan and print machine. Scanning and Copying worked as always though. Contacting MS Support...