Windows 10: June Creators Update - Laptop will not restart - Stops on splash screen. Hard reset needed...

Discus and support June Creators Update - Laptop will not restart - Stops on splash screen. Hard reset needed... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have an MSI GE72 6QF with a Samsung EVO 970 NVME SSD. It would not install the June Creators Update as it would not restart. Stops on splash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SSI_833, Jun 17, 2019.

1. SSI_833 Win User

June Creators Update - Laptop will not restart - Stops on splash screen. Hard reset needed...

Hi

I have an MSI GE72 6QF with a Samsung EVO 970 NVME SSD.

It would not install the June Creators Update as it would not restart. Stops on splash screen. After hard reset it reverts to previous version of windows.

So, reinstalled windows but only deleted the windows partition. Windows install fine but restart issue persists.

Any ideas? It is bugging me although not a major issue.

Thanks

:)

SSI_833, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Nick.L.S Win User

Several apps now hang at splash/loading screen

Just before Xmas I noticed several apps stopped working and would just hang/freeze on their startup splash screen. I'm unaware if there was an OS update just prior, and I haven't had one since. All this apps had been working fine without issue prior.

The apps/games I have on my phone with this issue are:

• NAB (Bank App)
    • Spotify (sits at black screen with "Loading..." and blue scrolling dots)
    • Wordament (Microsoft Game)
    • TBlog (replacement for Tumblr on Win Mobile) (has had an update recently, but did not fix issue)

I have tried the following with no success:

• Delete and re-install apps
    • Soft reset
    • Hard reset and restore
    • Hard reset without restore
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this issue? The banking app in particular is hard to live without.

Phone is a Lumia 640XL LTE running Win 10 1607 / 10.0.14965.1001

Nick.L.S, Jun 17, 2019
  3. alonbl Win User
    Initial Boot Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen - but restart always works

When I turn on my PC lately the old white splash screen comes up instead of the black, after a minute the screen becomes black. When I shut down and turn on again the black splash screen comes up, then it restarts and windows is started (pushing the reset button put me back to hanged post). I removed the CMOS battery and put it back again but same results.
    How can I fix it?

alonbl, Jun 17, 2019
  4. mrfdes Win User

June Creators Update - Laptop will not restart - Stops on splash screen. Hard reset needed...

No splash screen at daily startup

OK, now, today I have not managed to start my laptop up yet.
    However, after I restarted yesterday after I had gone through all the steps and posted the results, my screen flickers constantly, another headache to be added to the list.
    Did I have to switch something back in msconfig?

mrfdes, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. June Creators Update - Laptop will not restart - Stops on splash screen. Hard reset needed... - Similar Threads - June Creators Update

2. At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset: System: Dell Inspiron 3580Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPUInstalled RAM 16GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor This issue started around June 2022.I was running Windows 10 Pro and my system would randomly begin to...
  3. Dell Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Splash Screen: Hello everyone The issue I'm encountering is quite annoying but I guess it can be considered minor. So this is the issue, when starting up my PC the Dell splash screen pops up and the bar starts to load, but only goes up halfway and doesn't progress further unless the USB...
  4. Laptop Keyboard randomly stops working, need HARD Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard randomly stops working, need HARD Restart: Laptop Model: Asus Zephyrus M GU502GV Windows 10.0.19041 Summary: Laptop keyboard randomly stops working. Device manager process unhelpful uninstall/Reinstall/update. Restart unhelpful. So far, the only way to fix it is a hard restart holding power button 15+ seconds. The...
  5. Black screen with No Splash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with No Splash: So basically what I did was that I opened my whole pc and cleaned the dust and then I reassembled it back but now, whenever I press the power button I dont get the splash screen [Dell] and my screen only shows blinking white cursor. I cannot even access Bios. My specs:...
  6. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  7. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324
  8. Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs: Hi all, Since updating to the Win 10 CU my PC's Restarting screen sits there and won't proceed to the reboot for precisely 65 seconds. I've timed it several times with my watch. In my old install of Anniversary Update it would only take about 5 seconds before it went...
  9. Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update: My wife and I just updated to the creators update and now whenever we launch a video game the screen calibration resets. (Everything gets brighter.) I have looked on nvidia's forums and microsoft's forums and I haven't found any solutions. Other people are also getting this...
  10. Creator's update hardly worth it

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator's update hardly worth it: I received the much heralded Creator's update today. Took just under 2 hours to sort itself out but went smoothly. To be honest, for me it's made no difference from what I've seen so far. Edge apparently had an overall but I don't use it anyhow. There's supposed to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I have an MSI GE72 6QF with a Samsung EVO 970 NVME SSD

2. MSI GE72 6QF and june creators update

3. after June Creators Update - hard reset needed to boot