Windows 10: June update has rendered printer useless

Discus and support June update has rendered printer useless in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since installing the June update I am unable to connect to my printer. On the manufacturer's website I see this message: If you have installed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JemmaBatten, Jun 24, 2020.

1. June update has rendered printer useless

Since installing the June update I am unable to connect to my printer. On the manufacturer's website I see this message: If you have installed the June Windows 10 updates KB4557957 / KB4560960 you may find you can no longer print from your PC. If you have been affected please find your Operating System below and follow the link to the Microsoft Website for the Solution. I've followed the link but I'm not tech-savvy enough to understand how to fix the issue. I also don't seem to be able to uninstall the June update. Can anyone help?

:)

JemmaBatten, Jun 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 update (June 2017) printer problems

Since the latest (June 20 2017) Windows 10 update my HP 970 CXi printer will no longer print text but just background colour blocks. I have run the trouble shooter but it doesn't find any issues. Using "photo mode" in Advanced printing options seems to
    fix it in Acrobat but not in anything else. This is a real PAIN as my printer is now rendered useless! Anyone know a solution? Can I reverse the update??

Terry Dann, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update rendered my hp laserjet 1100 useless

Hello,

A windows ten update this past week rendered my hp laserjet 1100 useless. The printer is connected by a parallel cable and uses lpt1.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

John

mudcatgrant, Jun 24, 2020
  4. June update has rendered printer useless

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

June update has rendered printer useless

1. June update has rendered printer useless - Similar Threads - June update has

2. End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless: I have had the same laptop now for nine years, and the fact I cannot upgrade it to Windows 10 means it is now as good as useless. I need this laptop to take between where I teach and my home, and without it a substantial chunk of my productivity is gone. Yet now, with support...
  3. End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless: I have had the same laptop now for nine years, and the fact I cannot upgrade it to Windows 10 means it is now as good as useless. I need this laptop to take between where I teach and my home, and without it a substantial chunk of my productivity is gone. Yet now, with support...
  4. 20H2 update rendered my PC useless

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 update rendered my PC useless: I have an Alienware R8 with RTX 2070. I started off with that because people with a somewhat related issue are saying that they are stuck on the boot screen but in my case my computer displays nothing at all. After the update I can power up my PC and the lights on the desktop...
  5. Printers Rendered Useless. Not Happy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers Rendered Useless. Not Happy: Windows 10 did an update on my desktop. Now it has rendered my printer obsolete. updated the drivers for my Brother MFC-J410W and Xerox 6505 printers and they do not work. What is the status of a fix? I need to print. I think Microsoft should pay to purchase a new printer and...
  6. recent windows 10 update has rendered my epson 1660 scanner useless

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recent windows 10 update has rendered my epson 1660 scanner useless: I have been using the expression 1680 software which has been working fine with 64 bit win10. Now I cannot even install drivers for any scanner software other than Vuescan and trial version works ok. Using scanner on old Pentium 4 running XP3 SP3 with Epson software works ok...
  7. Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless!: [IMG]This is the error I get from my desktop after the latest update. I can get into these options but none of them lead anywhere. They all come back to “cannot do it” if i try to repair, restore, check disk from command prompt, it always tells me it cant be done or was...
  8. Random Bluescreens rendering my computer useless

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Bluescreens rendering my computer useless: Hello, I've had a lot of issues with my computer ever since my Motherboard stopped working. I've replaced the motherboard, RAM, CPU and PSU but i'm still getting random BSOD while working with my computer. I've tried the following: Completely reinstall Windows (From a...
  9. Automatic bluetooth driver update is rendering my wifi useless.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Automatic bluetooth driver update is rendering my wifi useless.: Automatic bluetooth driver update is rendering my wifi useless. Older version of bluetooth works with wifi so please do not auto update my bluetooth and wifi drivers....
  10. floating bubbles render touch screen useless

in Windows 10 Customization
    floating bubbles render touch screen useless: My Dell laptop has all of the sudden developed floating bubbles on the screen which make the mouse jumpy and stops working. I have tried all the fixes I read about, rebooted multiple times and disabled touch screen, which all help it work for a short time but doesn't fix the...