Windows 10: June Update Messed up my Game

Discus and support June Update Messed up my Game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 update in June one of my downloaded games had all players history wiped out. Five years of scores & levels were erased & game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by celticwench007, Jul 8, 2019.

1. June Update Messed up my Game

After the Windows 10 update in June one of my downloaded games had all players history wiped out. Five years of scores & levels were erased & game loaded like a brand new game with no players listed. No idea why or how this happened, called Microsoft & they couldn't fix it either. Any suggestions on how to get game history back would be appreciated.

:)

celticwench007, Jul 8, 2019

2. DirectX June Update

Microsoft has released an updated version of DirectX for June, although it isn’t clear whether the update is just for DirectX 9.0c or for DirectX 10 on Vista as well. Regardless of this, it is still recommended that Vista users update their systems because Vista will benefit from any DirectX 9.0c fixes when playing DirectX 9 games. The web installer is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), whilst the redistributable version will also work with Vista. The download links are listed below:
    • Web installer for Windows 2000, XP and 2003: download [44KB - 41.4MB]
    • Redistributable installer for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista: download [53.6MB]

Jimmy 2004, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Seany1212 Win User
    DirectX June Update

Anyone know where i can get the list of bug fixes with this update? i recall seeing one for an older Directx 9.0C somewhere where they had sorted some problems with games.

Seany1212, Jul 8, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

June Update Messed up my Game

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond June Update Messed up my Game :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

June Update Messed up my Game

1. June Update Messed up my Game - Similar Threads - June Update Messed

2. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  3. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  4. Update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up my computer: After the latest update I woke up to find All but three Desktop icons and all my start menu Icons had disappeared,along with numerous programmes and apps not working, I spent a couple of days trying to rectify the problems, got one or two apps to work, then uninstalled the...
  5. The game bar is messing up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The game bar is messing up my pc: I have tried to disable it, I’ve tried resetting my pc. I’ve tried everything, I cannot use my windows button. It just takes a picture instead of opening the windows menu. I cant copy text, it just takes a screenshot and copies that. It lags the actual hell out of any game...
  6. Update messed up my colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update messed up my colors: The latest update Aug. 18th 2020 seems to want me to use new color schemes, i managed to get the desktop background back to black but when i try to change the Task Bar and Start Menu to Dark Grey it changes the background of my folders too, is there any way to change the Task...
  7. Game Pictures on desktop messed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Pictures on desktop messed up.: Yesterday I went online and found one of those weird font generator things, I copied it and renamed 3 things on my desktop, and today, I opened booted up, and the little picture on my desktop for all of them are weird globe looking things. I also bought wallpaper engine the...
  8. Windows update messed up my Pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update messed up my Pc: Computer put some updates through last night before it shut down. Upon turning it on today it flashed a grey and black screen that said Hi repeatedly for an hour. With no acess to the actual desktop i cant/couldnt do anything but restart it. Now it flashes a gray desktop over...
  9. update messed up my computer

update messed up my computer: I cannot describe with simple words how much I hate Windows 10, this last updated messed up my computer AGAIN to a degree my whole desktop Disappeared, all my pin apps are not any where I can find, It crashes and restart out of the blue when I am in the middle of call and...
  10. Updates are messing up my cp

Updates are messing up my cp: It start with the KB4343909 (OS Build 17124.228) that went out in August 14th. I notice when I would watch a video or live stream, they began to lag badly. Several times I gotten help with microsoft support but they literally did nothing. For the past weeks I just been...