Windows 10: June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access

Discus and support June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I applied the June Windows 10 patches and my Edge and Chrome internet connection stopped working. I went to Dos prompt and tried a "ping" to several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomasgibbs2, Jun 11, 2019.

1. June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access

I applied the June Windows 10 patches and my Edge and Chrome internet connection stopped working.

I went to Dos prompt and tried a "ping" to several sites and got no response.

I backed out the update and got my access back.

My PC reapplied then last night and it stopped working again.

I tried OneDrive connection and I can get to those files.

Curious as I have found no posting on this.

Any ideas?

:)

thomasgibbs2, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Can't install Chrome from Edge in Windows 10

After reading several of the posts listed here, I too have been using Edge since updating to Windows 10 and could not download Chrome. So, following one of the suggestions, I went to the start button and opened programs and selected Windows Accessories
    and selected and opened Internet Explorer and searched for Google Chrome download and it installed in less than 3 to 5 minutes max. Not sure why problem in trying to install using Edge but Explorer allowed me to get it down in minutes. Thanks for suggestion.

RickMcKinnie, Jun 11, 2019
  4. June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access

Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access

1. June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access - Similar Threads - June Window patches

2. Windows 10 update June 2019 / Stop Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update June 2019 / Stop Code: Windows 10 just forced an auto update and all seemed to go well. I have Office 2007 installed on an HP `17" Notebook. Office and Outlook will not load properly and I receive the STOP CODE Blue Screen error. I had no problems prior to the Win 10 upgrade. Need your...
  3. Stop all printing going from Chrome to Edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop all printing going from Chrome to Edge: I have anew HP desktop. Every time I print anything in chrome it opens in edge and prints from there. The dialogue box is irritating in the extreme - very dumbed done. I have to click to get to the select page range. The bar with it's strange symbols only pops up for a...
  4. When will Microsoft patch Edge ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When will Microsoft patch Edge ?: Has anyone heard anything about when Microsoft will be issuing a patch for Edge? All of our Edge and IE users are vulnerable until the patch is issued. -Vik Solem...
  5. Windows 10 1809 Clipboard, Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Clipboard, Edge and Chrome: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1809, however this build of Windows is experiencing issues that I never had on 1803 The Start Menu, Edge Browser, and the new UI are not able to interact with the Clipboard. I am unable to copy or paste anything to or from any of these...
  6. Microsoft confirms a new issue in June patch for Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms a new issue in June patch for Windows 10 version 1803: Earlier this week, Microsoft released new June 2018 patches for all supported versions of Windows 10 operating system, including the newly released Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803). At that time, the company acknowledged only one issue in a patch for Windows 10...
  7. Edge vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Edge vs Chrome: I've been using Google Chrome for a long time.... When I first got on windows 10, Edge seemed not so great and I like Internet Explorer better but I knew it wasn't going to be maintained much longer as Edge is now the official windows browser...Although it still seems to...
  8. Chrome v. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome v. Edge: I am a causal user utilizing simplistic Edge. Seeing considerable information around the web regarding the benefits of Chrome I have become curious if their actually are sufficient benefits for me to move for Edge to Chrome? Opinions please. 74252
  9. Edge or Chrome??

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Chrome??: I just installed a clean 10. What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge? 63606
  10. EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome: Hi, I am trying to use "www.yomvi.es" (an on demand video player). I cannot use this on Chrome as it says Silverlight is not supported, this is fine as IE11 supports Silverlight. HOWEVER When i try to use Edge i get the chrome error message as the websites recognize...