Windows 10: June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access

Discus and support June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I applied the June Windows 10 patches and my Edge and Chrome internet connection stopped working. I went to Dos prompt and tried a "ping" to several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomasgibbs2, Jun 11, 2019.

1. June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access

I applied the June Windows 10 patches and my Edge and Chrome internet connection stopped working.

I went to Dos prompt and tried a "ping" to several sites and got no response.

I backed out the update and got my access back.

My PC reapplied then last night and it stopped working again.

I tried OneDrive connection and I can get to those files.

Curious as I have found no posting on this.

Any ideas?

:)

thomasgibbs2, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Can't install Chrome from Edge in Windows 10

After reading several of the posts listed here, I too have been using Edge since updating to Windows 10 and could not download Chrome. So, following one of the suggestions, I went to the start button and opened programs and selected Windows Accessories
    and selected and opened Internet Explorer and searched for Google Chrome download and it installed in less than 3 to 5 minutes max. Not sure why problem in trying to install using Edge but Explorer allowed me to get it down in minutes. Thanks for suggestion.

RickMcKinnie, Jun 11, 2019
  4. June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access

Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access

1. June Window 10 patches stopped my Edge and Chrome access - Similar Threads - June Window patches

2. Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise June Patches breaking Office for anyone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise June Patches breaking Office for anyone?: After patching some of our environment with the June Windows Update non of the M365 apps will open. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm seeing this on some systems running Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise and Office version 16.0.15601.20660 using Click2run....
  3. Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise June Patches breaking Office for anyone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise June Patches breaking Office for anyone?: After patching some of our environment with the June Windows Update non of the M365 apps will open. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm seeing this on some systems running Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise and Office version 16.0.15601.20660 using Click2run....
  4. Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise June Patches breaking Office for anyone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox: Doxy.me is a website for telemedicine. It's based on visual and aural interconnection. However, whenever I try to use it, whether on Edge, Firefox or Chrome, I'm told that camera access is denied. I'm using the automatically updated latest version of Windows 10 and the latest...
  6. No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox

No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox: Doxy.me is a website for telemedicine. It's based on visual and aural interconnection. However, whenever I try to use it, whether on Edge, Firefox or Chrome, I'm told that camera access is denied. I'm using the automatically updated latest version of Windows 10 and the latest...
  7. No Camera Access in Doxy.me in Edge, Chrome or Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Edge?2020 June???

Edge?2020 June???: Really? Microsoft?... You literally forced the app on Windows 10 users?....I'm talking about EDGE..... No way to uninstall...Had to use antivirus program to sandbox it... cause it keeps on accessing the web... **** you Microsoft....I paid for your OS... don;t force apps...
  9. chrome or windows edge

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    chrome or windows edge: hp crashed hard drive twice in one year they tell me I should have used mcaffe antivirus I had chrome installed before now trying to download chrome and I keep getting messages to use Microsoft edge (hp pavilion) is hp crashing my hard drive because I use chrome instead of...
  10. Edge or Chrome??

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Chrome??: I just installed a clean 10. What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge? 63606