Windows 10: Junk files

Discus and support Junk files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have 8.1 and very slow. Need to delete junk files, etc., but there's a warning not to click on "disk cleaner". Must have a free tool. I need advice for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sharlee522, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Junk files

Have 8.1 and very slow. Need to delete junk files, etc., but there's a warning not to click on "disk cleaner". Must have a free tool. I need advice for what I do now? Keep in mind that I'm not very techy. Thanks.

:)

Sharlee522, Apr 20, 2022
  2. PamelaMax Win User

junk file in outlook

does anyone know how to move the junk file location in the list of folders? i like it close to the top and the list is alphabetical.

PamelaMax, Apr 20, 2022
  3. NoahYd Win User
    unnecessary and junk files

And I agree with you! But I'm here to answer questions, not to teach computer fundamentals or common sense.

When I read OP's post, I interpreted "junk files" as being the old temporary files created by the system. I can't quote any definition for the exact term "junk file," what I meant was simply that there are certain folders in the system that are considered
    safe to be removed. There are safe practices of cleaning junk files, many of which were suggested right here, and then there are harmful ones (which we've mentioned, too). Then it's up to the OP to further declare what is meant by junk files should those
    answers not be enough, just as you suggested. I don't disagree with you.

Let's go back to topic now, shall we.

NoahYd, Apr 20, 2022
  4. Junk files

Window 10 or Defender do not automatically delete virus created junk folders + files??

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

I understand you need to delete virus created junk folder (Quarantined items).

Quarantined items are those items that were prevented from running but were not removed from your PC. I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click on History tab in Windows Defender Window.
    • Click on the Quarantined items radio button and click on history.
    • Check and select all the items that appear as junk.
    • Click on Remove button to delete them permanently.
    • Check and verify if all the junk folders and files are remove.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 20, 2022
Thema:

Junk files

1. Junk files - Similar Threads - Junk files

2. Error when starting windows, the file explorer automatically opening junk files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when starting windows, the file explorer automatically opening junk files and folders: Hi I'm Huy I'm having some problems with my Windows 11, I don't know it's a bug or a virus but it kept showing up causing my computer to crash quite a few times. One thing it has in common is that it has a file address of Appdata\Local\Temp and depending on the junk file in...
  3. Error when starting windows, the file explorer automatically opening junk files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when starting windows, the file explorer automatically opening junk files and folders: Hi I'm Huy I'm having some problems with my Windows 11, I don't know it's a bug or a virus but it kept showing up causing my computer to crash quite a few times. One thing it has in common is that it has a file address of Appdata\Local\Temp and depending on the junk file in...
  4. Remove old driver folders and junk system file from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove old driver folders and junk system file from Windows 11: I used to use a Lenovo ideapad 320 then I got HP ProBook 6470b, so I unplug my drive from the previous laptop and inserted it into the new laptop. But, my old laptop ideapad used to have an AMD system and iGPU and DGPU. But, my new laptop HP has intel and only iGPU.I use to...
  5. Remove old driver folders and junk system file from Windows 11

Remove old driver folders and junk system file from Windows 11: I used to use a Lenovo ideapad 320 then I got HP ProBook 6470b, so I unplug my drive from the previous laptop and inserted it into the new laptop. But, my old laptop ideapad used to have an AMD system and iGPU and DGPU. But, my new laptop HP has intel and only iGPU.I use to...
  6. Junk files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Junk files: Have 8.1 and very slow. Need to delete junk files, etc., but there's a warning not to click on "disk cleaner". Must have a free tool. I need advice for what I do now? Keep in mind that I'm not very techy. Thanks....
  7. Can't delete junk files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete junk files.: I'm using an MSI computer. I was writing an awesome and super-long document. I accidentally saved it as a .html file. I want to delete this file but I don't see a delete button. I tried dragging the file to the Recycle Bin, but I couldn't because a prohibitory symbol...
  8. Can't delete junk files.

Can't delete junk files.: I'm using an MSI computer. I was writing an awesome and super-long document. I accidentally saved it as a .html file. I want to delete this file but I don't see a delete button. I tried dragging the file to the Recycle Bin, but I couldn't because a prohibitory symbol...
  9. Can't delete junk files.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Junk files

Junk files: Why these files are on my laptop? I don't even have any software of adobe installed. not even adobe reader. is it safe to delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-files/8833adc4-0d3c-491b-9abe-3fcd05484fd8