Windows 10: Junk / Spam filters not working or working too well Outlook 2016

Discus and support Junk / Spam filters not working or working too well Outlook 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks Anybody else having this problem (outlook 2016 -- NOT EXCHANGE type mail servers) Spam / junk rules just don't seem to work properly any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Sep 27, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Junk / Spam filters not working or working too well Outlook 2016

Hi folks

Anybody else having this problem (outlook 2016 -- NOT EXCHANGE type mail servers)

Spam / junk rules just don't seem to work properly any more -- sometimes stuff hoes into SPAM folder and even if you say move it always to inbox or supply rules -- it does an initial move but next time you logon the same process happens -- is there any registry setting to disable spam filter or get it working.

Junk mail rules just don't work at all.

All the solutions I've seen are for EXCHANGE mail servers -- I'm using bog standard IMAP ones and I don't want to make 97 zillion rules every day and they don't seem to work anyway.

This stuff has all been working properly FOR YEARS - just recently this happened when I switched from the old MSDN office 2016 to the current click to run version (this update seemed to have taken place without me knowing anything about it.

Might have to go to thunderbird !!!

this whole spam / junk mail thing is really annoying -- and judging bu google I'm not the only one.

Note if you find solutions I'm NOT using exchange or outlook.com

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 27, 2018

2. Outlook Junk Mail Filter Stopped Working

I am running Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. In the past about 70% of my email message would be sent to the junk mail folder. Now Outlook rarely flags any message as junk. I have set the Junk Email Options to "High" and have run the Office Repair Function. Nothing has helped. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Charlie210, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Outlook Junk Mail Filter Stopped Working

Hi Charlie210.

Please have a look at this.

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ju...ng-in-outlook/

Not sure who is supplying your mail services but maybe something can be done server side to identify and sort prior to your download / sync.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

No spam filtering in Mail?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Are you using Mail app or Outlook mail?

I would like to bring it to your notice that there Is no folder by name spam its been replaced by Junk.

Issue 1:

I suggest you to refer the link if you are using Mail app suggested by
    Deepika Gowda on January 27, 2016.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows/e39c1359-b843-4723-9528-ee7f643e902c

If you are referring to Outlook refer the link below.

Overview of the Junk Email Filter.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...l-filter-5ae3ea8e-cf41-4fa0-b02a-3b96e21de089

Issue 2:

Import favorites in Microsoft Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/import-favorites-in-microsoft-edge

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Junk / Spam filters not working or working too well Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Junk Spam filters

2. Hotmail spam filter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail spam filter not working: Spam has been coming into my account and the spam filter is clearly not working. How can I prevent it from occurring in the first place? I move it to Junk but it just shows up again and again....
  3. Hotmail spam filter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail spam filter not working: Spam has been coming into my account and the spam filter is clearly not working. How can I prevent it from occurring in the first place? I move it to Junk but it just shows up again and again....
  4. spam/junk folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    spam/junk folder: where can I find the spam/junk folder please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spamjunk-folder/60f46f95-9544-477f-b034-22290fd5eb1b
  5. No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail?: Hi, Hoping someone can help me as I've becoming overwhelmed with junk mail/spam 100+ per day. This relates to an IMAP account I access via Windows Mail. There doesn't seem to be any kind of spam filter built into Windows Mail, except for with the two Hotmail accounts I...
  6. Outlook Live (Hotmail) SPAM filtering

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Live (Hotmail) SPAM filtering: Over the weekend either Microsoft changed something or they have a problem with SPAM filtering. I had my filters set for maximum junk mail filtering and its been working OK for years. Now most of the junk mail is showing up in my inbox. I haven't changed any settings. 148858
  7. Popup blockers working too well.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Popup blockers working too well.: I go to email; receive mail that has an attachment; won't allow me to open it. It says: can't open window n- to turn off popup blockers; I did....... still doesn't work. Anything that requires a new window to be opened won't work. Please help. t...
  8. Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email: Hello, I just upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2016. I go into Outlook and find there are 2 junk folders > 'Junk' and 'Junk Email' When I right click Junk Delete is grey out. When I right click Juck email delete is active. Why do I have 2 Junk folders? And which one...
  9. Anyone use a spam filter program? Do they work?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone use a spam filter program? Do they work?: Hi All, My spam seems to be increasing and I am considering using a spam filter program. There are a few on the market. Spamilator, Mailwasher etc Do they work? If so, any recommendations please? Thanks! 76162
  10. Outlook Junk Mail Filter Stopped Working

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Junk Mail Filter Stopped Working: I am running Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. In the past about 70% of my email message would be sent to the junk mail folder. Now Outlook rarely flags any message as junk. I have set the Junk Email Options to "High" and have run the Office Repair Function. Nothing...