Windows 10: Just a quick question cause Im knew around here

Discus and support Just a quick question cause Im knew around here in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I haven't had a Windows product in over a decade. When exactly, is this hell on earth going to be over? It started late Saturday when my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HeatherBishop3, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Just a quick question cause Im knew around here

I haven't had a Windows product in over a decade.

When exactly, is this hell on earth going to be over? It started late Saturday when my laptop that is 6 months old crashed unexpectedly during the update!! it was a driver and the Windows Defender that wont ever SHUT UP The crash made my system near worthless and stripped me of my Admin rights---so I cant do a damn thing!!!!..... I still don't have them back--- Microsoft wont give them too me LOL --- Its my own machine!!!! and that's AFTER spending over 6 hours on the phone with India yesterday.... he even remoted in to help and was as astonished as I was at the disaster this update caused. I spent the rest of the night scouring the interenet for ideas since I had the breakdown,,,, its bad, Like Bad Bad.

I got up early this morning to finish my registration phase, while I contemplated rebooting BIOS on my own here in the next few days ...however this late moring, it was getting little hopeful ....I was getting little instant messages from a robot. Since then ive had to damn near rework my entire system with downloads by my self, with Google yes, Bill GOOGLE and YouTube yet here I sit 9 hours in........ on the bright side almost done with my SECURITY check to get my admin rights back. So I can pull my own button and install the update.....and reconfiguring again if it works. I thought I was done her about 15 minutes ago and ready to roll my sleeves and pray I can get some space on this HD cleared of.......I mean, after opening an outlook acct, downloading an app I HAVE to use, about 78 password changes, two personal email accounts, a thumbprint, and a PIN reset,,,, I finally get to be and ADMIN again... i honestly felt like my boss gave me a compliment. Until I reminded myself this was MY OWN MACHINE!!

That's when I find out theres another step to the IDENTITIY processesssssssss and it requires a picture of me.... ****!!! My sound and video card crapped on the update so know I get to be creative---I have no web cam, I already got through the voice verification by prending I was a mute the messanger Robot bought it. I cant wait !!! I mean I'm sure this Security Check is for our own good.... credit cards, pictures, phone, address, 2 personal email accounts, a PIN, an app that we have a thumbprint on, a new OUTLOOK email address and a password chain set in EDGE ... This is MY computer that I PAID for, and ISNT under warranty to them whatsoever> This is the most RIDICULOUS profit ridden rat race Ive ever seen...... And, I havent even began the update download and the manual rework of it, since the up date mixed my files all up. I had to take my own time to look up the configuration !!!!! Y'all are a mess over at Microsoft !!!! I cat WAIT to get my IPADpro...i was hesitant to pay that much right now but damn, Bill, YOU broke my new computer and according to the interenet I'm not alone, ive spent a good 25 hours researching, and fixing it--- ony to be graced by the "MIM" we care so much about safety... whatever it is. Good job for showing me what your company is all about early in!! i appreciate it. Ill spend my money where I'm appreciated as a customer,

------Toodles .... Cant wait to get a real OS !!!

:)

HeatherBishop3, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Just a quick question cause Im knew around here

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Just a quick question cause Im knew around here

1. Just a quick question cause Im knew around here - Similar Threads - quick question cause

2. Just a quick Question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just a quick Question.: I want to upradge my computer 10 to 11. I did windows 11 system test and only CPU got "X". Can i still upradge my computer? Installing ISO already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-quick-question/5f49f96a-80b1-4e68-8c89-3a2374fcd652
  3. Just a quick Question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just a quick Question.: I want to upradge my computer 10 to 11. I did windows 11 system test and only CPU got "X". Can i still upradge my computer? Installing ISO already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-quick-question/5f49f96a-80b1-4e68-8c89-3a2374fcd652
  4. How to exit here im just using my laptop then this happen

How to exit here im just using my laptop then this happen: Im stuck here please help me here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-here-im-just-using-my-laptop-then-this/173ef782-108e-4be6-b083-359f52baa722
  5. How to exit here im just using my laptop then this happen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to exit here im just using my laptop then this happen: Im stuck here please help me here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-here-im-just-using-my-laptop-then-this/173ef782-108e-4be6-b083-359f52baa722
  6. quick question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick question: On Windows 10, when installing updates there will come a time when you're forced to install them only options being sleep, install and restart, or install and shut down, and this comes within a month or 3 weeks but another way I can turn off my PC is if I press the power...
  7. Quick question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick question: I personally haven't had it happen to me, but I'm still asking anyways. Can video files on Windows 10 get corrupted with time and not play anymore? I have a Windows 10 and have a bunch of old videos.And if so, can you restore it without installing any apps?...
  8. Quick question

Quick question: I personally haven't had it happen to me, but I'm still asking anyways. Can video files on Windows 10 get corrupted with time and not play anymore? I have a Windows 10 and have a bunch of old videos.And if so, can you restore it without installing any apps?...
  9. Just a quick question about default settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just a quick question about default settings: [ATTACH] Hi, I recently changed my settings in power and sleep for my laptop, and I was trying to change it back, is this the default settings? If someone could check and tell me, that would be very very much appreciated <3 (to get there, you go to settings, system, and...
  10. multiple desktops just a quick question

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple desktops just a quick question: so i was looking for a way to have multiple desktops on one screen, and the other screen to just be the same window im on. so i found this (see robert aldwinckles answer below)now my question is if i make a game(like destiny, warframe, overwatch.) show on all desktops does...