Windows 10: Just a random rant cause why not

Discus and support Just a random rant cause why not in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Till 1803 you could restore classic context menus with just a simple registry edit, but then microsoft decided to disable that. Ffs just why? Annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ourslfs, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Just a random rant cause why not

Till 1803 you could restore classic context menus with just a simple registry edit, but then microsoft decided to disable that. Ffs just why? Annoying af. There's one project on github that can restore it but it doesn't work perfectly and have certain issues. Annoying.

submitted by /u/ourslfs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ourslfs, Sep 9, 2022
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. tomdsr Win User
    Game controller causes random BSOD

Your device list doesnt indicate any game controller. Not in driver-versions text file.

What controller is it?

Are you using the microsoft provided driver, a driver on a disk or ?

If it was installed, i would suggest going into device manager and making sure the box in the image is unchecked. Yes its for my mouse, but same thing.

Just a random rant cause why not [​IMG]

tomdsr, Sep 9, 2022
  4. Ztruker Win User

Just a random rant cause why not

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Sep 9, 2022
Thema:

Just a random rant cause why not

1. Just a random rant cause why not - Similar Threads - random rant cause

2. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  3. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  4. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Just WHY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just WHY?: I wanted an Virtual Machine, but i have an problem, Microsoft Account. I can't skip it, please help! I tried everything: Command Prompt, Regedit, Task Manager, Disabling defaultuser0, Creating an Local Account, EVERYTHING! Screenshot:Full Screen:...
  7. RANT: Done with Updates!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RANT: Done with Updates!!!: I'm so infuriated! Yesterday, Microsoft made me force me update my PC to a security update that can't be uninstalled on July the 26th!!!! WHY CAN'T MICROSOFT JUST EVER MAKE A VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY TURN OFF UPDATES LIKE IN WINDOWS 7 AND XP!!!?!?!?!...
  8. *RANT* The Windows Store is horrible

*RANT* The Windows Store is horrible: I am on the newest and completely updated version of Windows 10. And nine out of ten times, it just ends with "Error" when I try to start downloading an app, and says nothing about why it failed (except for "Give us a few minutes", something went wrong on our end). This is...
  9. Windows rant

Windows rant: [ATTACH] Not here to talk bk n forth about it, just a rant I literally cannot help but notice more than ever these idiotic stuff pertaining to the way windows decides to operate.. First of all I use single and NOT double click to select things. Now, why is it when...
  10. A Rant: Win Updates and their frustrations.

in Windows 10 Support
    A Rant: Win Updates and their frustrations.: Greetings everyone. Installing the Fall update. Took me the whole day, about. I hoped, that MicroSoft had learned by now, or changed their point of view on a few topics, but no... I made sure, before the update, that my system was as clean as possible, and updated to...