Windows 10: Just booted up laptop and it BSODed with bad_system_config_info

Discus and support Just booted up laptop and it BSODed with bad_system_config_info in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i booted it up once and it abruptly crashed on startup because my laptop wasnt plugged in abd my battery is dead and needs constant power on reboot it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/youdecipher, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Just booted up laptop and it BSODed with bad_system_config_info

i booted it up once and it abruptly crashed on startup because my laptop wasnt plugged in abd my battery is dead and needs constant power

on reboot it gives me that BSOD

submitted by /u/youdecipher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/youdecipher, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts take by you in resolving the issue. I understand that after an upgrade you are receive Blue Screen error on the computer with Bad_System_Config_Info. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed on the computer recently?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

The “Bad_System_Config_Info” error means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select
    After an update was installed
    and perform the suggested steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 23, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 23, 2020
  4. alannpb Win User

Just booted up laptop and it BSODed with bad_system_config_info

1709 BSOD error on boot: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO; have minidump; need help

Thanks, Pedro, for that link, which has some good recovery suggestions. I am slowly working my way through the list.

So far, I have successfully reverted my system to an earlier system image which did not have the problem at the time. However, it still

does. The symptoms that prompted my post and that continue are:

1. The first boot crashes before reaching the desktop with a BSOD with stop code "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO".

2. The system automatically restarts and succeeds in reaching the desktop without an error.

So far, in that link of suggested fixes, I have tried:

a) boot to safe mode; then restart with normal booting. This did not help

Besides fixing the problem, I would like to understand what is causing it. That's because, earlier, I thought they were caused by the 1803 build. But now that they have returned with my 1709 build, this suggests something else. Hence the minidumps.

alan

alannpb, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Just booted up laptop and it BSODed with bad_system_config_info

1. Just booted up laptop and it BSODed with bad_system_config_info - Similar Threads - booted laptop BSODed

2. Bsoding Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsoding Laptop: My PC keeps bsdoing ive run driver ive tried everythingi can think of to fix it. These are some mini dumps i zipped. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C0Sut3n_dmSfF29IqtjpmaxUrI6_pQAK/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Can not boot PC&WINDOWS10: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not boot PC&WINDOWS10: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Is there a SOFTWARE to repair? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-boot-pcwindows10-badsystemconfiginfo/d93c343f-5223-440c-a46b-e2c1ec9f6527
  4. Error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, BSOD when booting the PC

Error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, BSOD when booting the PC: My laptop: Dell vostro 3550 I've just disassembled and cleaned my laptop just the main and fan, everything even test laptop work well . But that night laptop shows BSODError: Bad_systems_config_info. I've tried boot in safemode but still this error! I've tried system...
  5. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: So I got my laptop a blue screen and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on the bottom. What ever I do it keeps on looping on the same screen, no changes at all. I've tried to reset the computer with Keep my files and I've tried the command promt, didn't work as intended. I've tried the...
  6. BSOD came back up with with "Bad_System_Config_Info"

BSOD came back up with with "Bad_System_Config_Info": Today I was messing with my computer (windows 10) trying to get my pc to use all 4 Processors and all 8 gigs of ram and when I went to go restart my pc it came back up with with "Bad_System_Config_Info" .(I did it because since i did a windows update a few months ago it has...
  7. Bad_System_Config_Info error. Forever booting

Bad_System_Config_Info error. Forever booting: Now this may take a while to explain because ive tried so many things but please do read to get a full understanding. First of all i was just cleaning my pc, ran a disk cleanup. I came across this program called driver booster from Clean, Optimize, Speed Up and Secure PC -...
  8. GWX on a laptop broken by updates (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) . . . . .

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    GWX on a laptop broken by updates (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) . . . . .: Hi Guys, First post in here so not entirely up to speed with the "jargon" . . . . I tried many ways to repair the above error to no avail. My Win10 Home N showing error code 0xC004C003. activation area showed Current code is ****WXCHW I had gone for the GWX way back...
  9. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop-

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop-: After updating from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home the Dell laptop staterd fine but after an hibernation it got the BSOD showing error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO w/o any of Win start solutions working. It only offers to Restore but deleting all apps running in Win 7 plus...
  10. bad_system_config_info

in Windows 10 Support
    bad_system_config_info: My sons laptop is getting that error message, it is a dell inspiron with window 7 upgraded to 10 We think last update made it not usable All we get is blue screen and message in title Is there a way to uninstall last update from Microsoft He does not want to lose his...