Windows 10: Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop

Discus and support Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just bought a MSI A6000 laptop. bought it with windows 7 ultimate and upgraded it to windows 10 pro. it seemed to have a junk battery so got one on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KC9MSG, Sep 22, 2018.

1. KC9MSG Win User

Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop

I just bought a MSI A6000 laptop. bought it with windows 7 ultimate and upgraded it to windows 10 pro. it seemed to have a junk battery so got one on amazon. now the issue is sometimes it works on battery for a couple minutes and other times it shuts off as soon as it is unplugged. kinda thinking i may have got a defective battery from amazon or maybe there is some kind of battery learn it has to do. thinking about leaving it on all day and then unplug it tonight and let it sleep all night on battery then see what happens, may find out how to get a replacement thru amazon too if need be.

:)

KC9MSG, Sep 22, 2018

2. Can't complete upgrade on MSI model A6000 laptop to Windows 10

I you had bothered to go to the MSi manufacturers website for model compatibility, as Microsoft suggests in their literature, you would have found the MSi list of their Windows 10 compatible products.

http://event.msi.com/2015/windows10/en/upgrade.html#nb

NONE of the A Series Notebooks are listed and therefore are NOT upgradeable because Win 10 Drivers are not available and some hardware may physically be incompatible.

I too have an A6000 Series MSi and I'm just fine with Windows 7, with no touch screen on the A6000 and very little other difference between 7 and 10, there really is no reason to upgrade to 10.

KeithBenicek, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Can't complete upgrade on MSI model A6000 laptop to Windows 10

Thank you for your suggestions. The MSI support page actually takes me to the Drivers cape site that you suggested and they want just under $30 to update drivers on one PC. I'll try the other site.

Rick_Anderson, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop

Can't complete upgrade on MSI model A6000 laptop to Windows 10

While your MSi is an A series, a 6200 is different to the 6000 and there are several versions even within the A6000 I've been told by the MSi Service Manager I know casually.

I am extremely skeptical about Windows 10 on any A series MSi because of the official PDF information I referenced earlier, and again I called MSi and was told again that there are NO updated A6000 drivers for Windows 10 and some hardware is physically incompatible
    to run under Win 10.

My A6000 is a model "MS-1683" and Windows 10 will not install, period, and there are no Windows 10 drivers on the MSi site. Again, MSi's Service Manager also told me that.

It's a shame, I really love my A6000 .... except the crappy cheap poorly designed LCD top right hinge has broken again!

KeithBenicek, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop

1. Just bought a MSI A6000 laptop - Similar Threads - bought MSI A6000

2. i just bought a new msi bravo 15 laptop with windows 11on july 14 2023, however its showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just bought a new msi bravo 15 laptop with windows 11on july 14 2023, however its showing...: recently just bought a new msi bravo 15 laptop with windows 11on july 14 2023, however its showing a pop up now that the microsoft 365 and office will expire by 20 july 2023. firstly i wnat to know does the windows include the subcription to microsoft office and apps like...
  3. i just bought a new msi bravo 15 laptop with windows 11on july 14 2023, however its showing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just bought a new msi bravo 15 laptop with windows 11on july 14 2023, however its showing...: recently just bought a new msi bravo 15 laptop with windows 11on july 14 2023, however its showing a pop up now that the microsoft 365 and office will expire by 20 july 2023. firstly i wnat to know does the windows include the subcription to microsoft office and apps like...
  4. I just bought a new MSI laptop computer with a built-in Microsoft HD Webcam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a new MSI laptop computer with a built-in Microsoft HD Webcam.: You would think that a new Microsoft Webcam would be compatible with Microsoft's facial recognition software, but guess again!Why would Microsoft produce webcams that are incompatible with their own facial recognition software? Since I can't use the facial recognition or...
  5. I just bought a new MSI laptop computer with a built-in Microsoft HD Webcam.

I just bought a new MSI laptop computer with a built-in Microsoft HD Webcam.: You would think that a new Microsoft Webcam would be compatible with Microsoft's facial recognition software, but guess again!Why would Microsoft produce webcams that are incompatible with their own facial recognition software? Since I can't use the facial recognition or...
  6. just bought an Amazon renewed laptop and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just bought an Amazon renewed laptop and crashes: Just bought an Amazon renewed laptop and it keeps freezing and acting like its in sleep mode and wont wake up. Laptop has all settings set to disable sleep mode and crash keeps occurring, screen unpowered and laptop unresponsive. Windows is reporting a hardware error, but I'm...
  7. just bought an Amazon renewed laptop and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    just bought an Amazon renewed laptop and crashes: Just bought an Amazon renewed laptop and it keeps freezing and acting like its in sleep mode and wont wake up. Laptop has all settings set to disable sleep mode and crash keeps occurring, screen unpowered and laptop unresponsive. Windows is reporting a hardware error, but I'm...
  8. just bought an Amazon renewed laptop and crashes

9. I just bought a second hand laptop and it just turned on and off and this happens, is that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just bought a second hand laptop and it just turned on and off and this happens, is that...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/spacecat002 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmnfxy/i_just_bought_a_second_hand_laptop_and_it_just/
  10. Just bought a brand new laptop then 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just bought a brand new laptop then 100% disk usage: Just bought a laptop, model is Asus X409JP-EK051t. It was working fine the first few hours but then suddenly, performance became slow and can't even open edge smoothly. After opening task manager, I see the disk usage at 100%. I've tried so many solutions in the internet but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi a6000

2. msi a6000 drivers for windows 10