Windows 10: Just bought PC and can't login

Discus and support Just bought PC and can't login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just bought a new Samsung laptop. Went through the setup. Skipped the part on creating a microsoft acount. Set my password for the laptop. Played... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by madgreek65, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Just bought PC and can't login

I just bought a new Samsung laptop. Went through the setup. Skipped the part on creating a microsoft acount. Set my password for the laptop. Played around for a while and every thing worked great. Shut down PC. Got on this morning and couldn't log in. I know what my password is but I tried every other password I have ever used and can't get in. Booted to Bios to changed priority to boot to USB so I could hack the password, but there is no USB option. Went through all the articles I could find on the web but found no solution.

Any Suggestions? Is it really asking me for a microsoft account login instead of my laptop login?

Thanks

:)

madgreek65, Apr 1, 2016

2. I just bought spores for my pc and everything installs fine but wont start up i have windows 10

Hi,

To isolate Spore issues, we suggest that we reinstall Spore in Compatibility mode. Here are the steps below:

1. Download the setup file of the game and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select "Properties".

3. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomari Arc, Apr 1, 2016
  3. I just bought spores for my pc and everything installs fine but wont start up i have windows 10

I just bought spores for my pc and everything installs fine but wont start up i have windows 10

wttrshprd11, Apr 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Just bought PC and can't login

I can only offer you a direction where you might be able to solve your problem...............................

At the login screen where your password was rejected, at bottom right is a Power icon > click it and Restart option is listed.
    Press SHIFT key and HOLD > click Restart > click "Restart anyway" if you were asked to confirm the action > wait > click Troubleshoot ............
    You have 2 choices :
    1. Reset this PC. That will reinstall Windows 10. You can only keep your files in this option.
    2. Advanced options where there are several options you can choose.

davidhk, Apr 1, 2016
  5. All that seems to do is restart it and gets me back to trying to login again. And yes, I was holding down SHIFT when I clicked restart

madgreek65, Apr 1, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I have 2 laptops and Just to make sure since I had not done so for a long time, I tried the same method BEFORE I posted to you.
    It worked on both laptops.

No idea why it does not work for you.

davidhk, Apr 1, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 1, 2016
  8. Just bought PC and can't login

I can't sign in to do this and I can't get it to boot to USB.

madgreek65, Apr 1, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Assuming your Samsung computer has a CD/DVD drive ?

Use another working computer > download the correct iso file > burn it to a DVD.
    Take it to your Samsung computer > go to Boot order window and set it to boot to DVD.

davidhk, Apr 1, 2016
  10. flybynite Win User
    When you do get signed in please sign in with your Microsoft Account. It really does make things much easier in so many ways.

flybynite, Apr 1, 2016
  11. No CD

madgreek65, Apr 1, 2016
  12. In the Bios, there is no boot to USB option that I can find

madgreek65, Apr 1, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

I know. I read what you said in post #1.

I am afraid I cannot assist you any further.
    Sorry.
    Please wait a bit for someone else to come along.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Apr 1, 2016
  14. flybynite Win User
    Many times when you are restarting your computer, you can press the F11 key to get to boot menu, and you should see the option to boot to USB. Make sure your USB is inserted first.

flybynite, Apr 1, 2016
  15. F2 gets me to the bios screen. The only boot options is "Windows Boot Manager" and disabled.

madgreek65, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Just bought PC and can't login - Similar Threads - bought can't login

2. I just bought MSFS2020.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just bought MSFS2020.: Do I always have to access the program via XBOX or just through my MS account? Also, I have an old ID from several years ago that got hacked and I was unable to retrieve the account so I had to start from scratch. I opened an account with Google. My old account is till...
  3. Can't Login to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Login to PC: My HP only seems to have 1 user and its linked to a microsoft account that was deleted years ago. All of a sudden I can no longer login to my pc and I can't reset password because the account no longer exists. I tried to recover the account but and being denied. How do I...
  4. Just bought Battlefleet gothic II but can't download it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just bought Battlefleet gothic II but can't download it: After 270 mb download simply stops , same thing happens with Battlefleet gothic I. I'm trying to install them from xbox app. Is It a know issues? How can i resolve It? submitted by /u/BourgeoisInvaders [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't Login to PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Login to PC: In an attempt to fix an automatic alt-tab issue I was having with games on my PC, I disabled all processes and startup applications. After resetting my PC, I noticed I couldn't login with a PIN anymore. This prompted me to login with my outlook password, but that is not...
  6. Can't login to my pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to my pc: I recently changed my name from C:/users/vikas semwal to c:/user/vizard As i have to remove the white space But now when i am trying to login It's not accepting my password.. I also reset it many time But it always say incorrect password although i am able to...
  7. can't login to my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't login to my PC: It has been shut down since 2018 and now I changed my password on my laptop but it still won't let me login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-my-pc/0762a050-6160-46ad-bf8f-a98777bd376f
  8. Can't login to my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login to my pc: Every time I try to move the background screen the screen where u have to press a key or Ctrl alt delete in order to get to the login screenit comes straight back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-my-pc/003c2415-fe92-44f1-a801-6c7bbf79a310
  9. Bought minecraft window's 10 and can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought minecraft window's 10 and can't login: Bought minecraft for window's 10 and am unable to sign in. After clicking "sign in" I get an error message stating that "We tried to sign you in to your microsoft account, but something went wrong". Have researched for 4 days to resolve this issue but with no luck. Can...
  10. Just bought a copy of windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Just bought a copy of windows...: Hello, I just recently bought windows 10 to put on my laptop because it needed reformatted and had windows 7 on it, I was unable to get a disk for this windows and just bought the newest one. It is not doing well with windows 10 and I need a computer so I bought a new...