Windows 10: just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download

Discus and support just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how do I resume an interrupted download of Windows 10 that I just purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulAshfield1, Nov 30, 2021.

1. just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download

how do I resume an interrupted download of Windows 10 that I just purchased

:)

PaulAshfield1, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Wile E Win User

resume download program?

It won't resume from a failed download tho. It generally doesn't work too well either.

I used to use Getright back in the day, but it's shareware. The last one I tried was Orbit. Worked pretty well, and could download flash videos and such from sites. I got rid of all of them because I just don't like using download managers.

Wile E, Nov 30, 2021
  3. resume download program?

IE7Pro had a Firefox like download program, that you can pause as resume but only really useful for HTTP/ftp downloads

cjoyce1980, Nov 30, 2021
  4. m3110w Win User

just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download

Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?

Hi All,

I plan to get a new Win8.1 laptop soon (I would rather get one with Win10 but they're not yet available here in India). My plan is soon after I get the Win 8.1 laptop to download and install Win10. Here in India the 3G cellular internet is slow and unreliable. I'm scared that if I try to download Win10 it will fail and I'll have to start the download from the beginning.

Someone told me that the Win10 download includes the ability to auto-resume so that if a download fails it can re-start from where it left off once the internet comes back. Is that true? I need to get confirmation on this before I get my new Win8.1 laptop.

If Win10 download really does have auto-resume capability then I can do the Win10 download and resume as needed if the download fails. without losing data.

Please confirm that Win10 download has auto-resume capability so downloaded data is not lost. Has anyone directly experienced a Win10 download re-starting from where it left off after losing internet connection?

Thanks,

m3110w, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download

1. just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download - Similar Threads - bought download version

2. just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download: how do I resume an interrupted download of Windows 10 that I just purchased. problem may be with slow internet. If I can't resume can I change my order to usb version...
  3. just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    just bought Windows 10 download version. Internet failed. How do I resume download: how do I resume an interrupted download of Windows 10 that I just purchased https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-bought-windows-10-download-version-internet/14591aad-a919-4a8c-ad5f-444ac97c1b19
  4. i bought paint.net. How do I download it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i bought paint.net. How do I download it?: i bought paint.net. How do I download it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-paintnet-how-do-i-download-it/0b1d0229-c1e8-4389-b5f2-39b58f8d4a22
  5. How do I download the software I just bought in the windows store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I download the software I just bought in the windows store?: How do I download the software I just bought in the Windows store? I just bought Adobe Photoshop Elements and can't find where to download it....
  6. How do I download off the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I download off the internet: For example, what stroke sequence gives save as. And how do I recover the result. This is a new Windows 10 computer and I am finding it a poor servant with a very intrusive Microsoft presence....
  7. downloading resume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading resume: tying to upload a resume from indeed. I'm completely lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-resume/9c5bc087-cee5-4ba1-8f6a-f5ebb60aa8d3"
  8. Resume downloads with Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Resume downloads with Edge?: In contrast to IE the Edge browser seems to have no way to resume an aborted download. If there was some network hiccup or similar and the download failed, then there is no easy way to simply restart that download other then to navigate back to the page and re-trigger the...
  9. Win10 download auto-resume if connection fails?

Win10 download auto-resume if connection fails?: Hi All, I just called Microsoft India and they said if I use the Window 10 Upgrade System Tray Icon to do the download then it will auto-resume with no data loss if the internet connection fails. She said if I try to download Win 10 Upgrade some other way then it does not...
  10. Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?

Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?: Hi All, I plan to get a new Win8.1 laptop soon (I would rather get one with Win10 but they're not yet available here in India). My plan is soon after I get the Win 8.1 laptop to download and install Win10. Here in India the 3G cellular internet is slow and unreliable. I'm...