Windows 10: Just built a PC and I am unable to install Windows

Discus and support Just built a PC and I am unable to install Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have been trying to install windows 10 using a usb and the microsoft media tool. Here is my build: CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Baye Danielson, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Just built a PC and I am unable to install Windows

So I have been trying to install windows 10 using a usb and the microsoft media tool.

Here is my build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Coller:Noctua NH-L9i 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler

Mobo: MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card:MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS OC Video Card

Case: Corsair SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower CaseP

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

So far I have bought a new usb with a fresh windows iso, I have reset the cmos, I have unplugged and replugged everything back in.

I have asked around everywhere and no one can seem to pinpoint exactly why I am running into issues. I can boot to BIOS just fine and everything seems to be running correctly according to BIOS. I have forced boot to the usb and still it freezes.

A suggestion has been that my cpu and mobo might not go together, but pcpartpicker does not flag any issues.

I have been researching and troubleshooting for a couple days, and I am at a loss. Any insight would be very appreciated.

:)

Baye Danielson, Jul 26, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Just built a PC and I am unable to install Windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Just built a PC and I am unable to install Windows

1. Just built a PC and I am unable to install Windows - Similar Threads - built unable install

2. I am unable to install windows 11 on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to install windows 11 on my pc: every time i try i get the following error: Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation.i have tried downloading a new iso using different methods to put it on my sdi just get that error...
  3. I am unable to install windows 11 on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to install windows 11 on my pc: every time i try i get the following error: Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation.i have tried downloading a new iso using different methods to put it on my sdi just get that error...
  4. I just built pc and cant see networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just built pc and cant see networks: I just got the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS z790 Dark Hero but its wifi is only compatible with Windows 11. I bought Windows 11 but it installed 10. Can you upgrade to 11 without internet, if so, how?...
  5. I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...: I just built a pc and I don’t have another laptop or pc to install windows on a flash drive so I was wondering could I install windows on a flash drive using my phone instead of a pc...
  6. I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...: I just built a pc and I don’t have another laptop or pc to install windows on a flash drive so I was wondering could I install windows on a flash drive using my phone instead of a pc...
  7. I need windows for my pc that I just built and I was wondering can I install windows on a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Hello! I just built a PC this weekend and need help installing windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello! I just built a PC this weekend and need help installing windows.: I did the install windows to a usb method so during boot up it would load to that but upon boot up it says error loading operating system. I downloaded it to the USB from a Mac and that didn’t work, I’ve also tried downloading it from a windows PC and that didn’t work. Please...
  9. My PC I just built isn’t turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC I just built isn’t turning on: I had just finished building my PC and i had sucsessfully instaled Windows 10 on it. I was installing drivers when the PC turned off, i heard that this type of thing would happen when installing drivers so i waited for 30min and it was still a black PC, so I turned it off and...
  10. I just built my first PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just built my first PC: so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of my room and I don’t want it to download a bunch of bloatware and also my dad pays for office 365 and OneDrive so can I...