Windows 10: Just built my new PC and when I try to install Windows from a USB stick it's just an...

Discus and support Just built my new PC and when I try to install Windows from a USB stick it's just an... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IceyEnder [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IceyEnder, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Just built my new PC and when I try to install Windows from a USB stick it's just an...

/u/IceyEnder, Mar 23, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 23, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 23, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Just built my new PC and when I try to install Windows from a USB stick it's just an...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Just built my new PC and when I try to install Windows from a USB stick it's just an...

1. Just built my new PC and when I try to install Windows from a USB stick it's just an... - Similar Threads - built try install

2. Just built a new PC from scratch, tried to boot up with a fresh new windows 11 from USB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just built a new PC from scratch, tried to boot up with a fresh new windows 11 from USB...: So my cousin and I just built a new PC from scratch. He wanted a PC with specific specs while balling on a budget, so I worked together a build that could run most games as well as Windows 11. After putting the parts together and setting up the BIOS to boot up with Windows...
  3. Just built a new PC from scratch, tried to boot up with a fresh new windows 11 from USB...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just built a new PC from scratch, tried to boot up with a fresh new windows 11 from USB...: So my cousin and I just built a new PC from scratch. He wanted a PC with specific specs while balling on a budget, so I worked together a build that could run most games as well as Windows 11. After putting the parts together and setting up the BIOS to boot up with Windows...
  4. So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.: So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend. With Windows 11When started it worked fine and was able to connect to the internet.After which I have tried to install my ssd and hdd into the new pc it already had an m.2 ssd installed At first I could see my files...
  5. So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.

So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend.: So I just got a new pc that was custom built from a friend. With Windows 11When started it worked fine and was able to connect to the internet.After which I have tried to install my ssd and hdd into the new pc it already had an m.2 ssd installed At first I could see my files...
  6. I just built a new pc, everything works fine; although, when I try to install windows the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just built a new pc, everything works fine; although, when I try to install windows the...: So for a while I've been gathering the parts for a pc build, and just put it all together today. Everything has gone amazingly and I've had no other problems. I can access the bios and even overclocked the ram I have checked to see if this was the problem but it happens with...
  7. I just built a new pc, everything works fine; although, when I try to install windows the...

I just built a new pc, everything works fine; although, when I try to install windows the...: So for a while I've been gathering the parts for a pc build, and just put it all together today. Everything has gone amazingly and I've had no other problems. I can access the bios and even overclocked the ram I have checked to see if this was the problem but it happens with...
  8. I just built my first PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just built my first PC: so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of my room and I don’t want it to download a bunch of bloatware and also my dad pays for office 365 and OneDrive so can I...
  9. i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it: i just put in a new USB stick and the computer will not recognize it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-put-in-a-new-usb-stick-and-the-computer/146ca17b-b71e-4445-84d7-38e860ef0614
  10. Just built a PC and I am unable to install Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just built a PC and I am unable to install Windows: So I have been trying to install windows 10 using a usb and the microsoft media tool. Here is my build: CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor CPU Coller:Noctua NH-L9i 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler Mobo: MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Crucial...