Windows 10: Just changed from chromebook to w10

Discus and support Just changed from chromebook to w10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There For many years, used a laptop, last one being w10, but I then decided for some reason to change to a chromebook Acer14. Very pleased in most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Just changed from chromebook to w10

Hi There

For many years, used a laptop, last one being w10, but I then decided for some reason to change to a chromebook Acer14.

Very pleased in most respects but felt it was lacking in others.

This week I bought a HP Strean 14 and I am going through the set up process.

All connected and working, but although a competent pc user, am a bit lost and need some help please.

1-am used to classic view, but seem to be prevented to convert.
    2-have pressed"full screen" and cannot get it back to normal.
    3- on classic, I did start, r/c , send to, when I wanted a s/c icon, cant see option
    4- prefer not to have tiles.

Just a few to go on with

:)

frenchman96, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows file sharing comes to Chromebooks

Read more:

Brink, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Just changed from chromebook to w10

What is new in Chrome OS for Chromebook

Source: Virtual Desks, simpler printing and more

Brink, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Just changed from chromebook to w10

1. Just changed from chromebook to w10 - Similar Threads - changed chromebook w10

2. Chromebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chromebook: Hi, someone has removed windows 10 from their HP laptop and installed a Chromebook os. They don't like the Chromebook os and want to go back to windows 10. How do I do this? Do I have to remove the Chromebook os first or do I just 'write over' with a windows 10 os saved on...
  3. Send text from Chromebook

in Windows 10 Support
    Send text from Chromebook: Hi Guys I would like to be able to send a tex from my Chromebook and my windows 10. Have followed instructions after a google, but I dont always seem to have an option as suggested. 170766
  4. can I sync a spreadsheet between w10 and Chromebook.

in Windows 10 Support
    can I sync a spreadsheet between w10 and Chromebook.: Hi Guys I have a spreadsheet with a few shares on it and I update daily, so instead of having to do it on chromebook (which I am gradually going over to w10 laptop) then on w10, can they be synched in any way? 148652
  5. change to Windows 8 from W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change to Windows 8 from W10: I have been using Verizon messages but new computer came with W10 and that is not compatible with Verizon messages. What do I need to do to revert to Windows 8 which will allow Verizon messages. I am not computer savvy so a step by step is most appreciated. Thank you...
  6. Windows for Chromebook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows for Chromebook?: Is it at all possible to install windows OS on a Chromebook laptop? I have an Acer Chromebook R11, and I do like it, but it’s annoying to either not be able to download certain things with only windows/Mac options, or not be able to download certain things at all. I figure if...
  7. Coming from a chromebook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Coming from a chromebook: Hi. Have a surface laptop 2 i5 which is very fancy for me. I have a chromebook before that and this is much better in most ways. I have recently been hijacked by: dontnotifyfriends.info This sends me advertising for dating site on the right of my screen 10 times a day....
  8. Chromebooks

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromebooks: I am thinking about buying a new laptop. I can get a chromebook for under $100.00 I know that we get what we pay for but I don't need a computer with all the bells and whistles anymore. How are the new chromebooks? 130103
  9. chromebook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chromebook: Is chromebook compatible with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/chromebook/3ca44f41-3289-41c4-8a5b-00fe68f3d153
  10. ChromeBook

in Windows 10 Support
    ChromeBook: Would it be okay if I asked a question on the above Please. If the answer is no. No worries. Thanks. 82864