Windows 10: just did update nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart...

Discus and support just did update nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; just did update pc froze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BernieKaminsky, Apr 6, 2021.

1. just did update nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart...

just did update pc froze

:)

BernieKaminsky, Apr 6, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond just did update  nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    After AM restart Edge will not open...

You need to select Open Microsoft Edge with Start page in Settings to open Edge with MSN news.

Step 1:

just did update  nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart... [​IMG]

Step 2:

just did update  nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart... [​IMG]

Step 3:

Kari, Apr 6, 2021
  4. just did update nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart...

Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

just did update nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart...

1. just did update nothing works only things that open are browsers no program can't restart... - Similar Threads - did update nothing

2. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....
  3. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....
  4. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nothing is opening in pc except browser.: i was following a tutorial online to fix my window not updated but i mistakenly made some changes in registry editor, now nothing in my pc is opening except browser, whenever i try to run scan or something it says access denied, when i try to open file explorer it says window...
  5. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nothing is opening in pc except browser.: i was following a tutorial online to fix my window not updated but i mistakenly made some changes in registry editor, now nothing in my pc is opening except browser, whenever i try to run scan or something it says access denied, when i try to open file explorer it says window...
  6. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Restart & nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen

Restart & nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen: I've done a restart on my Windows 10 HP Tower, now nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen. How do I get it working again...
  8. Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did

Update and restart and update and shut down... but I just did: I just updated today and now my computer shows thisHow do I stop it from saying this I have already hit both update and restart and update and shut down multiple times and it does not change. What do I do?...
  9. Mic not working in programs, only in browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not working in programs, only in browsers: Hey I got an external mic, that i run through an external soundcard, Focusrite Forte, wich i use for recording music. A month ago it all worked, but now i cant hear my mic in programs like, steam, microsoft teams etc., but it works just fine, if i want to use it in my...
  10. Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to configure or program a hyperlink to open only in a specific browser.: Hello, My manager asked this question yesterday and all of the information that I have found says, no. But all of the information was several years old, there was nothing current on the question. In our environment, we allow staff to use the browser they like. Most staff...