Windows 10: just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!!

Discus and support just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every "fix" they show says to right click on the IDT high def codec, I no longer have it how do I get it back??? this sound problem happens with every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobSchmidt1, Aug 7, 2019.

1. just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!!

Every "fix" they show says to right click on the IDT high def codec, I no longer have it how do I get it back??? this sound problem happens with every major update!! GETTING OLD!!!!!!

:)

RobSchmidt1, Aug 7, 2019
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 7, 2019
  4. just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!!

Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!!

1. just downloaded windows 10 update & lost sound again!!! - Similar Threads - downloaded update lost

2. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  3. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  4. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  5. lost my sound after windows 10 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost my sound after windows 10 update...: I've tried everything suggested to me on the web but nothing has worked I am about to toss my laptop in in trash. please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-sound-after-windows-10-update/573e4957-6f00-4f43-aa69-b1d4a07a6179
  6. Windows update lost speakers again.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update lost speakers again.: Windows updated and now tells me again that there are no speakers plugged in although there are. This has happened before and I can't remember how I resolved it. I have an NVIDIA sound driver. When I run the trouble shooter it tells me that there are no speakers plugged...
  7. downloading windows 10 again

downloading windows 10 again: Windows 10 will not update at all, so I try windows 10 update assistant and it didn't download an 100% it stop at 99% and I received an error code 0x8000ffff some went wrong...
  8. Windows update downloading update again and again.

Windows update downloading update again and again.: I downloaded an update called 19H1; it downloaded 70% and then I turned my PC off, when I started my PC today, the update didn't start from 70% but from 0%, any fix??? it happened like four times. Do anyone has this problem...???...
  9. Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update: Hello and thank you beforehand for any help anyone can give me. I just built a PC that has Windows 10 and a Headphones/Speakers Jack in the front of the case. Right after I logged in, I got a Windows 10 Update which automatically ran. Afterwards, I now have no sound coming...
  10. Win 10 Downloading but not installing, just wants to download again ?

Win 10 Downloading but not installing, just wants to download again ?: I have just downloaded Windows 10 to my Windows 7 Pro machine. The trouble is that after it has downloaded it will not install, but just wants to download all over again ? Need help on this ! 50177