Windows 10: Just found about the hidden File explorer!!

Discus and support Just found about the hidden File explorer!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Apparently Microsoft has been developing a hidden File explorer. I got it from here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quick-Lightning, May 25, 2020.

1. Just found about the hidden File explorer!!

/u/Quick-Lightning, May 25, 2020

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2020
  3. Why is file explorer not searching hidden folders in the users folder?

Please pay attention: (shown in picture)

I've put a file in:
    C:\Users\jorge\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles\

and the same file in:
    C:\Users\anton\Documents

When I do a File Explorer search for this file in the users folder (c:\users) or inside a user's folder (such as c:\users\anton), it finds the file in Documents, but not in the AppData folder.

Yet, if I do the same search in C: it returns both files.

Hidden files are being shown (enabled in File Explorer: view > show hidden files). Appdata is not being indexed (it's listed in the exclusion list in Indexing options).

Same result in 2 different computers in 1903 and after updating to 1909

Any help much appreciated *Tongue

Just found about the hidden File explorer!! [​IMG]

antonio3535, May 25, 2020
  4. Just found about the hidden File explorer!!

Hidden files

Hi,

We are not clear on the issue you are facing. Please write to us with the answers to the below questions and the detailed description of the issue you are facing for further assistance on the query.

• When you say “Disconnect is missing from my hidden files”, what are you referring to?
    • Did you lose any files and folder which was hidden in File explorer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Just found about the hidden File explorer!!

1. Just found about the hidden File explorer!! - Similar Threads - found hidden File

2. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Queries about file explorer: What does this folder mean?What is the impact of this folder?If I delete all this files, any problem occurred???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/queries-about-file-explorer/ecdeb25d-91b8-4652-a936-0749ab6e9c95
  3. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  4. Queries about file explorer

Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  5. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  6. drives hidden in file explorer

drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  7. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. File explorer ribbon blank not hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer ribbon blank not hidden: This window is maximized, but I cannot access most of the ribbon or minimize/maximize/close or navigation buttons. Sometimes this happens in Chrome and can be fixed by F11 full screen open and close. However, that does not work in file explorer. It's such a pain not to have...
  9. Hidden File Explorer app

Hidden File Explorer app: Hi, i have a question about a hidden file exploer app (explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App) is this going to be used in future or the project is cancelled and this is just a trash left from full app?...
  10. Question about file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about file explorer: Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer. When I open a map, in the navigation panel on the left side, I have a list of maps, files, quick access, libraries, network links, recent maps and files etc etc. What I...