Windows 10: Just found this via Defender full scan - TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfus.MK!MSR

Discus and support Just found this via Defender full scan - TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfus.MK!MSR in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I'm pretty decent about keeping things up to date and let Defender manage all things A/V related but for some reason a trojan got thru... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HeiwaHoze, May 9, 2021.

1. HeiwaHoze Win User

Just found this via Defender full scan - TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfus.MK!MSR

Hey everyone, I'm pretty decent about keeping things up to date and let Defender manage all things A/V related but for some reason a trojan got thru via some excel files I was sharing with my boss. I didn't find it until I did the full scan and running a search on Microsoft's site showed that it was ID'd 3 years ago. Before this happened I did a full re-load of windows, deleting all files and resetting everything. I keep the machine behind a Mozilla VPN when I'm not on home net and the only thing out of place after restart and walk-through with setting everything up was a loss in bei

:)

HeiwaHoze, May 9, 2021
  2. VJSoh Win User

Trojandownloader: O97M/adnel

Hi,

I used the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool to scan my computer. The scan results show Trojandownloader O97M/adnel as malicious software detected but not removed.

The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool did not remove this trojan file. I dont know why.

How do I remove this malicious software?

Thanks

<Moved from Windows 10>

VJSoh, May 9, 2021
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 9, 2021
  4. Just found this via Defender full scan - TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfus.MK!MSR

Trojandownloader: O97M/adnel

System Requirements

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Sometimes you have to try two (2) times to click in the links, other wise you can get the “We aяe sorry, the page you requəsted cannot be found.”

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is NOT supported in Win10.

-=-

See this archived reply from an earlier thrəad: Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool

Pay particular attention to any comments by
    Rob Koch

<<mrt.exe>>

`~`

First, verify that the time, date/year & time-zone are set correctly

<<http://goo.gl/ElJr9v>> Win 10

Reboot if you changed any of the above.

Clear up your Temp File/Cache.

Clean up the system (clearing out all the temp/tmp folders, and included all offline content, clearing the browser tif, delete cookies, etc. etc..

(Important:One of the normal steps in eliminating malicious programs is to entirely delete the contents of all Temp folders.

<<https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867904>>

Best and easier to use - CCleaner.

Download the basic (slim) (Free Download) build via

<<http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds>>

The basic (slim) build does not contain the disgusted Toolbar, the standard build installs the Yahoo Toolbar as an option which ischeckmarked by default during the installation. IF you doNOT
    want it, removethe checkmark when provided with the option
    ORdownload the toolbarfree Basic SLIM versioninst
    əad.)

DO NOT USE ANY Advanced cleaning options.

DO NOT TOUCH THE REGISTRY. At least not for now.

Reboot.

`~`

Follow the links and download the tools scanning with each then reboot aftər each scan.

These can be done in Safe Mode - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot however you should also run them in regular Windows when you can.

1. -Please download and install Malwarebytes (MBAM)(), update definitions and run in normal mode. Disable othər security software whilst you are doing scans.

<<https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/>>

Pləase make certain you uncheck the box beforeEnable free trial of Malwarəbytes Anti-Malware Premium.

<<http://goo.gl/0TkcEN>>

Make sure in Malwarəbytes the
    Scan for rootkits box is checked-> Settings-Detection and Protection.

`~`

The recommendation is to use the intelligent quick scan routinely, and do full scans either on a longer periodicity--weekly, monthly--or only when something is found or you have some rəason for suspicion.

`~`

2.- -Run SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) Online Safe Scan,Same as above.

<<http://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html>>

`~`

3.-RunAdwCleaner

<<
    https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
    >>

`~`

4.- Run Junkware Removal Tool

<<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/>>

`~`

5.- - And finally, download and run ESETOnline
    (One-Time) Scanner.

<<
    http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/>>.

`~`

I quote
    JulietNE
    --a regular contributor here:

Try this:

Please download
    Emsisoft Emergency Kit

and save it to your desktop.

Double click on the EmsisoftEmergencyKit file you downloaded to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop.

• Leave all settings as they are and click the
      Extract button at the bottom.

• A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\).

• After extraction please double-click on the new Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon on your desktop.

• The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates.

• Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.

• When the update process is complete, a new button will appear in the lower-left corner that says
      Back. Click on this button to return to the Overview screen.

• Click on Scan to be taken to the scan options.

• If you are asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, then click
      Yes.

• Click on the Malware Scan button to start the scan.

• When the scan is completed look over the list of items found, anything you see and know is safe remove the check to avoid deleting any false/positives.

• Click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.

• When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process.

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Just found this via Defender full scan - TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfus.MK!MSR

1. Just found this via Defender full scan - TrojanDownloader:O97M/Obfus.MK!MSR - Similar Threads - found via Defender

2. Full Scan in Windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  3. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  4. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender -Full Scan automatically restarting after virus found

Windows Defender -Full Scan automatically restarting after virus found: I performed a quick scan which found nothing,so decided to perform a full scan. After 5 minutes, the system appeared to have automatically restarted - is this normal if it finds a virus to remove offline? Unfortunately, my system went into that 'preparing automatic repair /...
  6. Windows defender Full Scan no threats found but says after that threats are found

Windows defender Full Scan no threats found but says after that threats are found: Hi, I recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message again I get this: [ATTACH] Instead of 0 threats found it says -664...
  7. Crash on Full Defender Scan

Crash on Full Defender Scan: I keep getting the error shown below only when doing a full Defender scan on the C: drive of my Dell laptop. I've checked I have the latest Intel and NVidia drivers and sfc /scannow shows no problems. Any Ideas? [img] 147052
  8. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  9. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  10. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...