Windows 10: just getting detect under multiple displays on laptop

Discus and support just getting detect under multiple displays on laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am tring to mirror my laptop to my tv, the tv is connected through fire stick, i am on the mirroring sceen on tv with my name, on laptop under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KalDharni, Apr 19, 2020.

1. KalDharni Win User

just getting detect under multiple displays on laptop

I am tring to mirror my laptop to my tv, the tv is connected through fire stick, i am on the mirroring sceen on tv with my name, on laptop under settings win 10 for multiple displays it says detect, when i click detect nothing happens. Kalvin

:)

KalDharni, Apr 19, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 19, 2020
  3. n1trox Win User
    Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. just getting detect under multiple displays on laptop - Similar Threads - getting detect under

2. Multiple displays detected by Windows, but there is no extra display connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple displays detected by Windows, but there is no extra display connected: Hello everyone,I hope someone can help me with this issue i've been having for a while. My laptop always "detects" 2 displays when I boot it up. But.... I have no extra display connected at all. Every USB and HDMI port is empty. Literally nothing is connected to the laptop....
  3. Multiple displays detected by Windows, but there is no extra display connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple displays detected by Windows, but there is no extra display connected: Hello everyone,I hope someone can help me with this issue i've been having for a while. My laptop always "detects" 2 displays when I boot it up. But.... I have no extra display connected at all. Every USB and HDMI port is empty. Literally nothing is connected to the laptop....
  4. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Multiple Display "detect" button not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Display "detect" button not working.: So, I just got a new gaming PC dual monitor and the second monitor says "no signal" I know the solution to this but the detect button in display is not doing anything. It should say it can or cant detect, not just nothing happens. Please help. Or, can I have a way to solve...
  6. Multiple Display "detect" button not working.

Multiple Display "detect" button not working.: So, I just got a new gaming PC dual monitor and the second monitor says "no signal" I know the solution to this but the detect button in display is not doing anything. It should say it can or cant detect, not just nothing happens. Please help. Or, can I have a way to solve...
  7. Multiple Display "detect" button not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab: Hi. I just added a third monitor to my Windows 10 system. The three are working fine and I can pass files etc across screen. I can duplicate two screens but cannot triplicate the same on all three. I don't bet "Duplicate these displays" under Display on options to duplicate...
  9. Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab

Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab: Hi. I just added a third monitor to my Windows 10 system. The three are working fine and I can pass files etc across screen. I can duplicate two screens but cannot triplicate the same on all three. I don't bet "Duplicate these displays" under Display on options to duplicate...
  10. Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware