Windows 10: just got 1440p monitor but on screen text looks pixelated

Discus and support just got 1440p monitor but on screen text looks pixelated in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I just got a new 1560x1440p monitor, everything seems to be fine and everything looks great except for the on screen text. The text looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/laurenlmaowtf, Mar 28, 2021.

1. just got 1440p monitor but on screen text looks pixelated

/u/laurenlmaowtf, Mar 28, 2021

2. Looking at 1440p suggestions

Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my monitor and would like suggestions. My current screen is a Samsung PLS 60 Hz 24" monitor, I would like a 1440p screen with more then 60hz, around 24 - 27 inches, non TN Panel and no more then 5ms. My budget is around 200-450 CAN at most, I'm not expecting to cover all my needs in this range but 75hz freesync should be doable.

Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated *Smile just got 1440p monitor but on screen text looks pixelated :)

AlienIsGOD, Mar 28, 2021
  3. tinmar49 Win User
    1440P or 4K

High on my wish list is the BenQ GW2765 HT which is 1440p and ips, the same size as my LG M2762D, a 1080p tv/monitor. I feel that the 4K monitors may suffer from text size problems in this size range as Bobkn has mentioned.

tinmar49, Mar 28, 2021
  4. just got 1440p monitor but on screen text looks pixelated

Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

just got 1440p monitor but on screen text looks pixelated [​IMG]

After:

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

just got 1440p monitor but on screen text looks pixelated

1. just got 1440p monitor but on screen text looks pixelated - Similar Threads - got 1440p monitor

2. 1440p monitor suddenly got downscale to 1024p

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1440p monitor suddenly got downscale to 1024p: My 2nd screen got his resolution downscaled without any reasons and when i go to settings im limited to 2 resolutions 1024 and 800. I already tried to reintall multiple times my graphics card drivers without success....
  3. 1440p monitor suddenly got downscale to 1024p

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1440p monitor suddenly got downscale to 1024p: My 2nd screen got his resolution downscaled without any reasons and when i go to settings im limited to 2 resolutions 1024 and 800. I already tried to reintall multiple times my graphics card drivers without success....
  4. AAAAAA HELP! PIXEL LOOKING TEXT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AAAAAA HELP! PIXEL LOOKING TEXT: So, I don't know if it is the font or what but, some things on specific websites aka the font is the kind of font you would see in a video game.It keeps saying that the file failed to load so I can't add an image... I've tried the cleartype and it didn't work....
  5. AAAAAA HELP! PIXEL LOOKING TEXT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AAAAAA HELP! PIXEL LOOKING TEXT: So, I don't know if it is the font or what but, some things on specific websites aka the font is the kind of font you would see in a video game.It keeps saying that the file failed to load so I can't add an image... I've tried the cleartype and it didn't work....
  6. AAAAAA HELP! PIXEL LOOKING TEXT

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. HELP looking for 1440p 32" IPS monitor for close to $400

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HELP looking for 1440p 32" IPS monitor for close to $400: Hi I want to upgrade to a 1440p 32" IPS monitor. HDR10 or HDR400 is fine but better would be great but doubt it can be found at my price range. Anyway I been using 24" 1080p for the past 8 years and I feel like its time to upgrade! Would really appreciate any input and...
  8. The new weather widget text in the taskbar is blurry on a 1440p monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    The new weather widget text in the taskbar is blurry on a 1440p monitor: I didn't see anyone else bring this up so maybe I missed it if it has. The text for the new taskbar widget is blurry on my 1440p monitors and it makes it look like a poor quality 3rd party add-on. In fact that is what I thought it was, when I first saw it I thought some...
  9. Text looks very pixelated?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text looks very pixelated?: https://imgur.com/a/1U11zeH I checked out ClearType but it didn't fix anything. Why is my text so pixelated blurred? Even when I scroll on a webpage its like its blurry and pixelated. submitted by /u/samhf18 [link] [comments]...
  10. Looking to upgrade to 1440p from 1080p. Looking for Monitor recommendations.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking to upgrade to 1440p from 1080p. Looking for Monitor recommendations.: Considering upgrading from 1080p to 1440p. Main use will be gaming. Games like COD, Rust, Siege, etc... Secondary for Movies and Youtube. Looking for 27" only 32 is way too big for me. I hear IPS is superior to VA and TN but have no set preference. There's a lot of options to...