Windows 10: Just got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar

Discus and support Just got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed the 22H2 upgrade for Win11 Pro x64 this afternoon, and all I get from a right-click on the taskbar is 'Settings', all the previous options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Philip Goddard, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Just got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar

I installed the 22H2 upgrade for Win11 Pro x64 this afternoon, and all I get from a right-click on the taskbar is 'Settings', all the previous options being absent. Clicking on that Settings mono-option took me to the taskbar personalization section of the Settings app, but I didn't find there any of the options that I'm missing from the taskbar right-click menu.That is a very major issue for me because I depend on an excellent nested-menu program-launching program called True Launch Bar, and it can't be activated except by clicking on the option for it in -- yes, you've guessed -- the taskbar

:)

Philip Goddard, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. taskbar blocking window

RIGHT click on the Taskbar.
    Make sure "Lock the taskbar" is unchecked.
    In the same menu,select "Taskbar Settings" and go through the options listed to verify the default settings are selected.
    Suggest you also run---dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth---.

joeandmarg0, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Just got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar

Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsJust got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Just got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar

1. Just got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar - Similar Threads - got 22h2 update

2. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2: Hello I'm having this exact problem posted hereRight click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option Using dark mode, the highlight shows up correctly,but using custom with light mode or custom mode with light for apps gives you a highlight that is...
  3. Just got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just got 22h2 update, and I have no right-click menu apart from 'Settings' on the taskbar: I installed the 22H2 upgrade for Win11 Pro x64 this afternoon, and all I get from a right-click on the taskbar is 'Settings', all the previous options being absent. Clicking on that Settings mono-option took me to the taskbar personalization section of the Settings app, but I...
  4. having an issue with right click context menu always staying on as i click right click

having an issue with right click context menu always staying on as i click right click: i format the pc, itry clicklock other reedit tweak none fix it, now even after a format it does is on both mouse with without other usb plug, context menu always stay on unless i press left click "mouse 1" now i will waste many hour installing my stuff back and the problem is...
  5. Right Click menu for taskbar broken

Right Click menu for taskbar broken: Hello dear All, After updating windows to 1909 from 1803 my right menu is brocken When I try to click the actions in the right click menu I always have this message for every program: [ATTACH] The same behavior in the start menu Many thanks, Iacob...
  6. Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu: I have a shortcut to an .exe that for some reason pin to taskbar is missing, pin to start is there, a picture is worth a 1000 words. Windows 10 build 18362.836 [img] 157164
  7. Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer): Hi, so one thing i can't seem to solve is that right clicking on explorer or most other applications (i think) is slow on windows 10. I have used this before: 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog And this solves that completely, it's instant. Problem is, some applications...
  8. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  9. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  10. Taskbar App right-click menu dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar App right-click menu dark: Hi, The right-click menu of for any program for me is dark but the problem is the menu item text is a shade greyer (grayer?*sarc) than black which makes it almost unreadable. This happens only for programs, the right click for start menu is ok. I am attaching a pic for...