Windows 10: Just got a new gaming PC and my disk usage is a lot of the time at 100%.

Discus and support Just got a new gaming PC and my disk usage is a lot of the time at 100%. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For hours I have been trying to fix this issue, but nothing has worked for me. I have disabled superfetch and windows search and updated all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TickledFeet, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Just got a new gaming PC and my disk usage is a lot of the time at 100%.

For hours I have been trying to fix this issue, but nothing has worked for me. I have disabled superfetch and windows search and updated all of my drivers. This is getting really frustrating because I've been waiting so long just to get this computer and it just does not work properly. I can't even play games without the disk usage going up to 100% instantly and lagging so badly! It's like simple programs make the disk usage go to 100%? I also updated my windows 10 version. This never happened to my last PC and it's over 4 years old. Btw it's a Dell Inspiron 5676.

:)

TickledFeet, Dec 13, 2018

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Dec 13, 2018
  3. 100% usage on disk

2 days ago i downloaded a new game Playerunknow's battleground and noticed i was lagging really bad. I opened my task manager and my disk usage was at 100%. I closed everything and noticed my pc was doing things slow. My disk usage stays at 100% now and I do not know what to do. I ran some test and disabled some services that an article online suggested that helped others but does not seem to work for me. I was wondering if it is a good idea to uninstall all my drivers and download new ones. Please help me i really dont know what to do

antmann157, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Just got a new gaming PC and my disk usage is a lot of the time at 100%.

garybear89, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Just got a new gaming PC and my disk usage is a lot of the time at 100%.

1. Just got a new gaming PC and my disk usage is a lot of the time at 100%. - Similar Threads - got gaming disk

2. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and no update running in the backgroundand one thing that i think it...
  3. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and no update running in the backgroundand one thing that i think it...
  4. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and one thing that i think it was the thing that caused it i bought...
  5. Just bought a brand new laptop then 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just bought a brand new laptop then 100% disk usage: Just bought a laptop, model is Asus X409JP-EK051t. It was working fine the first few hours but then suddenly, performance became slow and can't even open edge smoothly. After opening task manager, I see the disk usage at 100%. I've tried so many solutions in the internet but...
  6. 100% usage of disk all time

100% usage of disk all time: i have a issue of 100% usage of disk shows in task manager all time and i think it slows down my laptop and everything is starts not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-usage-of-disk-all-time/a4ede68e-b4bb-4791-96a6-96d72510f9cf
  7. Disk usage is 100% most of the time!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk usage is 100% most of the time!: I have been facing this '100% disk usage' (in task manager) for the last couple of days. I looked online and tried some solutions including stopping the windows search, superfetch, etc., nothing helped. So I did a reset (keeping files, removing the apps) but the problem...
  8. Pc 100% disk usage

Pc 100% disk usage: [IMG]Im not really sure whats causing the 100% disk usage. Also what is “Host Process for Windows tasks” because thats taking up a lot of my memory and ive never seen it before. Please help me with this issue....
  9. Disk usage 100% most of the time

Disk usage 100% most of the time: It has been really frustrating using Windows 10 with it, since it´s extremely slow most of the times, with the hard disk showing 100%. I have been searching it over the web, and many dell laptop users have been facing the same problem, where Intel and Microsoft keep throwing...
  10. Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time: My computer's disk usage is constantly at 100%. when I check the task manager the most disk intensive process is Service Host: Local System (16) which fluctuates between 20MB/s and 1MB/s. 100506