Windows 10: Just got a phone call about a security breach and asked me to hit 9 or call an 800 number....

Discus and support Just got a phone call about a security breach and asked me to hit 9 or call an 800 number.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just got a phone call informing me of a security breach, advised me to hit 9 or call an 800 number and refrain from any banking or credit card... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JolineKrolicki, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Just got a phone call about a security breach and asked me to hit 9 or call an 800 number....

Just got a phone call informing me of a security breach, advised me to hit 9 or call an 800 number and refrain from any banking or credit card transactions. I hung up. Scam?

:)

JolineKrolicki, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Rivie2 Win User

Bogus Security Breach Calls/Notices

I keep getting phone calls that use my telephone ID and phone numbers with a recording saying it's from Microsoft and that my IP address and license key have been breached by foreign countries. I'm then asked to press the number 1 key for help with
    the security breach. What is going on? How can I be sure when it's not from Microsoft? Thank you!

Rivie2, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Fake Security Breach Phonecalls

I keep getting these phone calls from people with Indian accents claiming to be Micrsoft Security technicians calling to clear up a breach in my computer's security. I just got a call at 4:49 pm 2.4.19 from 1-800-892-5234. They keep calling from different
    numbers. I know this is a scam but WHAT IS MICROSOFT DOING ABOUT THIS? I never hear of anyone being apprehended or prosecuted. Is anything at all being done? I've just given you the phone number they just used. Will anyone follow up and investigate these
    criminals or do Microsoft consumers have to endure this abuse indefinitely? How can we get our info out of their hands? How did it get there in the first place?

Richard Santoro2

richardsantoro2, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Just got a phone call about a security breach and asked me to hit 9 or call an 800 number....

Security Breach / Hacking Windows 10

I keep getting a phone call every time I get on my computer that says I have a security breach and something about I need to call a 855 number and when I do I am told that I will have to pay money to them to remove the breach... This smells like a scam
    to me.

bernie6911, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Just got a phone call about a security breach and asked me to hit 9 or call an 800 number....

1. Just got a phone call about a security breach and asked me to hit 9 or call an 800 number.... - Similar Threads - got phone call

2. phone number to call for help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone number to call for help: is there a phone number to call for help?????? I received my new computer yesterday. Unable to activate windows 10. Help??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-number-to-call-for-help/a2c71e8d-fb81-4f0e-ae58-6892313c4a2a
  3. phone number to call for help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone number to call for help: is there a phone number to call for help?????? I received my new computer yesterday. Unable to activate windows 10. Help??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-number-to-call-for-help/a2c71e8d-fb81-4f0e-ae58-6892313c4a2a
  4. phone number to call for help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. a call from phone number +491787438522

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a call from phone number +491787438522: hello,I had a missed call from phone number +491709611192. And half hour later I received a call from phone number +491787438522, claiming to be calling from Microsoft. He speaking in English. It's a fraudulent phone call?...
  6. Alert Asking me to Call a Number

Alert Asking me to Call a Number: Split from this thread. I have a “critcal alert from micrsoft with alarms sounding and voice saying to call helpline at<Removed>It says computer is locked and not to shutdown or restart. It says windows firewall has blocked some features of this program. There is a box with...
  7. I got this phone call.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got this phone call.....: so I got this call this morning and the voicemail said "You're Microsoft subscription will end by then end of the day all Microsoft features will end today" as well as call this number now to renew is this real or fake?...
  8. Phone call

Phone call: I just received a call from " Microsoft Office" saying that my computer was causing viruses on Microsoft's main frame computer.The voice initially was from a woman who had a Pakistan/Indian accent then she transferred me to a man who asked me to reboot my computer and foll...
  9. phone calls about MICROSOFT closing

phone calls about MICROSOFT closing: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  10. Call in number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Call in number: who can i call to get help with opening up my computer from the log-in screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/call-in-number/474250b8-0250-428e-b164-4912d4a023b4