Windows 10: just got a weird email from microsoft account team,help!

Discus and support just got a weird email from microsoft account team,help! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hey. just got email that my account name not this account was changed.i did not change it!im trying to log in but dont get the code they send bc its... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ddmeltzer8, Feb 17, 2021.

1. just got a weird email from microsoft account team,help!

hey.

just got email that my account name not this account was changed.i did not change it!im trying to log in but dont get the code they send bc its sent to the new account name,i think.

please help!

thanks.

:)

ddmeltzer8, Feb 17, 2021

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Feb 17, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Feb 17, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

just got a weird email from microsoft account team,help!

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

just got a weird email from microsoft account team,help!

1. just got a weird email from microsoft account team,help! - Similar Threads - got weird email

2. One time code emails I'm getting from Microsoft account team

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One time code emails I'm getting from Microsoft account team: Everyday I get two or three emails saying they are giving me the one time code to log in that I requested. I have not been making these requests and wonder why I am getting these emails. Is someone trying to hack into my account?...
  3. Microsoft Teams issue with 2 email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Teams issue with 2 email accounts: I have 2 email accounts and the live.ca one is connected to my microsoft account but I do not use it for work. I use gmail now and have entered it into microsoft. My problem is that Teams is connected to the live account and not to gmail so my calendar and meeting requests go...
  4. Microsoft Teams issue with 2 email accounts

Microsoft Teams issue with 2 email accounts: I have 2 email accounts and the live.ca one is connected to my microsoft account but I do not use it for work. I use gmail now and have entered it into microsoft. My problem is that Teams is connected to the live account and not to gmail so my calendar and meeting requests go...
  5. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity": For some time I have received emails from Microsoft Account Team stating "Microsoft account unusual signin activity". I went to my recent signin activity data and found my own signin activity plus seven other signin attempts all unsuccessful in the last 2 weeks. They were...
  6. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity": For some time I have received emails from Microsoft Account Team stating "Microsoft account unusual signin activity". I went to my recent signin activity data and found my own signin activity plus seven other signin attempts all unsuccessful in the last 2 weeks. They were...
  7. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Not getting an email from Microsoft support team.

Not getting an email from Microsoft support team.: I'm trying to reset my password, for my Microsoft account which is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** because I don't know what my password is and can only login using fingerprint ID, but I need to login to it on other devices but when I click to have an email sent...
  9. Email from Microsoft account team

Email from Microsoft account team: Is this a legit email address.......Microsoft account team *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email says to click on links in email to verify activity........
  10. Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?

Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?: I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? It said the email is from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. Is it a legit email from microsoft? It wants me to click a box to review and release messages: Microsoft has...