Windows 10: Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee...

Discus and support Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know better to click on a link in an e-mail I am not expecting, but I did type a search for the supposedly web page in Bing... [ATTACH] and got... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jtcrx, Apr 15, 2019.

1. jtcrx Win User

Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee...

I know better to click on a link in an e-mail I am not expecting, but I did type a search for the supposedly web page in Bing...

Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee... 90fb5e07-d0ae-4802-a7cb-c14b7fae0678?upload=true.jpg

and got this hyperlink address...

Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee... e8be26e8-840f-4315-a30f-d2a2cc54c4e0?upload=true.jpg

When I used these hyperlinks from my own search results using Bing, it does seem to direct me to Microsoft's website, but the page after the login page takes forever to load and takes me to FAQ page and this concerns me as a slow loading page, when other pages aren't, could be a redirection. Please tell me this is a legit e-mail and domain links and that I did not fall prey to a very, very sophisticated new phishing e-mail scam even though I did not click on the e-mail links. Thank you,

:)

jtcrx, Apr 15, 2019

2. money adding new payee

I upgraded to windows 10 to discover Microsoft Money does not work. Firstly it will not open (This can be by passed with a simple regedit trick), secondly it crashed when adding a new payee. I can bypass this error by clicking on "more" in the left panel un
    der "account list" and selecting categories and payees. I can then add a new payee. I used to be able to add the new payee right from the transaction form. any one have a fix so I do not have to work around the problem..

RoyKasenchak, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe: App shuts down when entering new Payees

I recently downloaded Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe onto my new PC which was first upgraded to Windows 10. All my entries are manual. The app works fine with the exception that it gives me the 'Microsoft Money has stopped working' error whenever I attempt
    to enter a new transaction where the Payee is not already in the payee list. My workaround has been to submit the transaction with an existing payee, then modify the Payee to the correct new payee.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, are you aware of the fix for it?

SharonWerner, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee...

not accepting payment

Hi Ryan,

One of the factor why you're having issues purchasing an app in Windows Store is due to payment method settings. See this article:

Troubleshoot problems with payment options
    and follow the suggest troubleshooting steps.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee...

1. Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee... - Similar Threads - got mail Microsoft

2. Not receiving e-mail from Microsoft on my Zimbra e-mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving e-mail from Microsoft on my Zimbra e-mail.: Hello, let me explain the whole context for a better understanding.Basically I decided to install Ubuntu alongside my Windows, so I could use both as I like using the dual boot feature. The installation went flawlessly, and I am really happy that I now have two separate...
  3. Not receiving e-mail from Microsoft on my Zimbra e-mail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving e-mail from Microsoft on my Zimbra e-mail.: Hello, let me explain the whole context for a better understanding.Basically I decided to install Ubuntu alongside my Windows, so I could use both as I like using the dual boot feature. The installation went flawlessly, and I am really happy that I now have two separate...
  4. Microsoft E-Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft E-Mail?: Received this E-Mail "Dear ******************, We are closing all old versions of our Mailbox Today Monday, October 10, 2022, 8:34:52 PM. We hereby inform you that your *********** account will be closed in the next 24 hours, If you fail to verify your email account with the...
  5. Microsoft E-Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft E-Mail?: Received this E-Mail "Dear ******************, We are closing all old versions of our Mailbox Today Monday, October 10, 2022, 8:34:52 PM. We hereby inform you that your *********** account will be closed in the next 24 hours, If you fail to verify your email account with the...
  6. Microsoft e-mail problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft e-mail problem: I received a message from Microsoft that my e-mail may have been compromised and I should change my Password. I did. Since then my Microsoft e-mail stopped working. I did the recommended fixes including Microsoft updates. No help. It is not a Password issue or a SSL...
  7. Just received this e-mail claiming to be from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Just received this e-mail claiming to be from Microsoft: I have just received this e mail claiming to be from Microsoft The senders e mail address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***> It looks very suspicious Dear Microsoft user, You are receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services...
  8. cant register my e-mail on window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant register my e-mail on window 10: i try to add my icloud e-mail its say my account is out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-register-my-e-mail-on-window-10/e74724b7-5832-4c49-bbcc-82f99233b172
  9. Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band...

Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band...: Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band purchase? Is this a legitimate? Please look at email and authenticate: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM

Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM: Be aware all, there is an email circulating asking individuals (with their MSN Email) to log in to Microsoft Payment Central to process a refund. Ive had it confirmed from Microsoft that it is a SCAM email. I was nearly duped as i am one of those individuals that may be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft payment scarm