Windows 10: Just got off the phone with microsoft after 2 hours and NOOOOOO HELPPPPPP!!!!

Discus and support Just got off the phone with microsoft after 2 hours and NOOOOOO HELPPPPPP!!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My daughter cannot get into her NEW computer from Christmas. It worked fine until tonight and now says she needs a PIN. She didn't need it until today.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jenniferschrimper, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Just got off the phone with microsoft after 2 hours and NOOOOOO HELPPPPPP!!!!

My daughter cannot get into her NEW computer from Christmas. It worked fine until tonight and now says she needs a PIN. She didn't need it until today. Her fingerprint worked fine until tonight!!! After 2 hours online with NOOOO HELP, we finally got a live person for another 2 hours and she did NOTHING!!!! She wanted me to share my work computer and put a flash drive in that she was going to wipe clean in order to reinstall windows on my daughter's computer. Well, I need my flash drive so I had to hang up! Daughter still locked out of her computer!!! This is ridiculous! Why can't she simply reset PIN!!!!!!!!!!

:)

jenniferschrimper, Dec 28, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 28, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Just got off the phone with microsoft after 2 hours and NOOOOOO HELPPPPPP!!!!

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Just got off the phone with microsoft after 2 hours and NOOOOOO HELPPPPPP!!!!

1. Just got off the phone with microsoft after 2 hours and NOOOOOO HELPPPPPP!!!! - Similar Threads - got off phone

2. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  3. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  4. computer poweroff 2 hours after turn on

computer poweroff 2 hours after turn on: Good day, I have windows 10 pro, but I have a problem that the computer shuts down power off every 2 hours, could it be due to heating, but there is no logic that it shuts down every 2 hours, there is nothing I haven't tried, I haven't been able to fix it, the type of...
  5. Sign in after 2 hours

Sign in after 2 hours: I am not able to access my laptop after the recent update as my screen goes black. I did the bios screen after pressing F9 and power button to make it default as per the guidelines said in the Microsoft community help webpage. After that, i am not able to sign in and asks me...
  6. Sign in after 2 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in after 2 hours: I am not able to access my laptop after the recent update as my screen goes black. I did the bios screen after pressing F9 and power button to make it default as per the guidelines said in the Microsoft community help webpage. After that, i am not able to sign in and asks me...
  7. Pls Helpppppp

Pls Helpppppp: Hi. I want to download Roblox from the Microsoft store but when I try to install it, it gets stuck at the acquiring license only and doesn't download the game. Pls can anyone help me, I really need it....
  8. 2 hours...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 hours...: [ATTACH] pc crashed 2hrs ago, and still 20 percent. submitted by /u/DionPerera [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is6kg3/2_hours/
  9. Just a couple of hours***

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just a couple of hours***: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/luaykashef [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsgj3f/just_a_couple_of_hours/
  10. Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete.: The ongoing problem of updates. Today's being measured in hours, not minutes. Laptop is rendered a hostage by Microsoft bring its use to a complete stop. Could you start giving us an idea of the size and duration of updates? Shirt sizes would be OK .. S, M, L, XL, 2XL .. or...