Windows 10: Just got optional update, KB 4577063, back to 19041.546

Discus and support Just got optional update, KB 4577063, back to 19041.546 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Jut got this update which I believes catches the public build up to the Insiders rings, except the DEV ring.. This was a strange update. I selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Saltgrass Win User

Just got optional update, KB 4577063, back to 19041.546

Jut got this update which I believes catches the public build up to the Insiders rings, except the DEV ring..

This was a strange update. I selected download and upgrade the the process seemed to stop. A few minutes later I got a need to restart message and then another one after that.

So I am now on 19041.546 like the Insiders..

:)

Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2020

2. dell inspiron 546

I have just downloaded Windows 10 to a Dell Inspiron 546 with a Dell 810 All in One printer. The previous OS was Windows 7. I had downloaded Windows 10 because the Windows invitation assured me all was well for the download.

Having made the download I discover I can not print. The printer is listed in settings. It used to be the default device.

Can you advise the steps I should take?

Thank you.

charles allis, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Just got optional update, KB 4577063, back to 19041.546

Failing to update these KB 3135782, KB 890830 and KB 3135173

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that you are facing issue in updating windows updates. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Windows Update

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter. Restart the PC and check.

If the above steps doesn't work, try the below automatic Windows troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-10

If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to manually reset the Windows update components and check if it helps.

Reset Windows update components.

Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates. Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components manually:

• Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
    • Stop the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop cryptSvc
      • net stop bits
      • net stop msiserver
    • Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and
      Catroot2
      folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.
      • ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      • ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    • Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic,
      MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the
      ENTER key after you type each command.
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start cryptSvc
      • net start bits
      • net start msiserver
    5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.

Now you may try running the Windows Updates and check if the above steps resolve the issue.

For reference: Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry,
    click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Just got optional update, KB 4577063, back to 19041.546

1. Just got optional update, KB 4577063, back to 19041.546 - Similar Threads - got optional update

2. Just got laptop back from repair, question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got laptop back from repair, question: I recently had my motherboard and gpu fail on my Alienware 17 R3. Dell shipped it to them and it arrived with 2 separate installs of Windows on both hard drives. How do I delete the 2nd install without corrupting my system and having to reinstall everything all over again?I...
  3. Just got laptop back from repair, question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just got laptop back from repair, question: I recently had my motherboard and gpu fail on my Alienware 17 R3. Dell shipped it to them and it arrived with 2 separate installs of Windows on both hard drives. How do I delete the 2nd install without corrupting my system and having to reinstall everything all over again?I...
  4. Wifi option Just disappeared in Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi option Just disappeared in Update: Pls help, my wifi option just disappeared after the latest update of windows, and it seem to be a driver problem, idk how this happened, but i really need help right now!, I tried uninstalling the driver and using the scan for hardware changes option to reinstall the default...
  5. I just update to build 19041 and now my WiFi is just gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just update to build 19041 and now my WiFi is just gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Apollo3520 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcq713/i_just_update_to_build_19041_and_now_my_wifi_is/
  6. Finding appropriate KB# for failed update that showed in Update History for just seconds...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finding appropriate KB# for failed update that showed in Update History for just seconds...: I had a Windows 10 v2004 Cumulative Update 10/13/20 download with several other Updates. The other Updates worked, but this Update said it failed and I went to the Update History, and saw the 'unsuccessful' message, but before I could write down the KB number, the Update...
  7. Just got optional update, KB 4577063, to 19041.546

Just got optional update, KB 4577063, to 19041.546: Jut got this update which I believes catches the public build up to the Insiders rings, except the DEV ring.. This was a strange update. I selected download and upgrade the the process seemed to stop. A few minutes later I got a need to restart message and then another...
  8. Just got a BSOD

Just got a BSOD: So I've just gotten another BSOD, anyone know what caused this? I had a BSOD previously as well and posted my minidump, I was told that my previous BSOD was caused by malwarebytes, but idk about this one. Here's my minidump:...
  9. KB 4512941 will not update

KB 4512941 will not update: I did receive a response, however, it was pointed out that unless my computer is in an update loop or getting the blue screen of death--do not force the update. It is better to just wait for Microsoft to release a correction patch fix. I decided to do just that. Instead of...
  10. KB update

KB update: Hello --- if MS fixed/updates a patch (KB entry) will the date for the entry in the patch catalog for the patch get updated to reflect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update/878c9bbd-2d03-47a4-9824-d64d4b7e0fc8