Windows 10: Just got this BSOD awhile ago PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Discus and support Just got this BSOD awhile ago PFN_LIST_CORRUPT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So upon getting this I ran Who crashed and got this On Tue 8/9/2016 9:24:57 PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Redbatman, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Redbatman Win User

Just got this BSOD awhile ago PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

So upon getting this I ran Who crashed and got this

On Tue 8/9/2016 9:24:57 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080916-18015-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x149F90)
    Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x99, 0x2B83F3, 0x0, 0xA00000000302773)
    Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Can someone help?

:)

Redbatman, Aug 9, 2016

2. New build win10 keep BSOD for three time

Hi everyone,

I just install my win10 a few days ago and it had BSOD for about three times. The first one is bad pool header, I uninstall the malwarebytes and seem it doesn't happen again, but after awhile I got two different BSOD which is reference by pointer and system
    service exception.

here are three minidump filea

092317-4437-01.zip

Thank you

YuanahaoDeng, Aug 9, 2016
  3. GabiUsura Win User
    3 blue screen errors on Windows 10 x64

Hello, i just installed windows 10 , but now when i'm in games , ( CS:GO and h1z1) i get this BSOD, usually i got only he pfn_list_corrupt and the driver_overran_stack_buffer , but today i also got the irql_not_less_or_equal.

Can u guys help me ? i'll leave google drive links fo the 3 dump files.

110515-4921-01.dmp

110415-5203-01.dmp

110415-4859-01.dmp

GabiUsura, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Please read and follow the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

You windbg trace does show memory_corruption so I would start by testing your PC memory:
    ===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Just got this BSOD awhile ago PFN_LIST_CORRUPT [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Just got this BSOD awhile ago PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - Similar Threads - got BSOD awhile

2. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD: I recently completed a BIOS update and ever since then I have been getting a "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" BSOD. I am not saying the BIOS update is causing it, but something unknown to me is causing me to blue screen at random intervals, no matter how many or few programs I am running....
  3. Random PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSODS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Random PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSODS?: Hi all - a friend asked me to look at their laptop which is having random PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Bluescreens. These seem to happen at random. I had it playing a HD video on Youtube for 3 hours this morning and it was fine, but I tried to open the Event Log to look at the data, and...
  4. Got PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD. Need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD. Need help: Good day, I got a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD. Now this happened when I opened up GPU-Z. And said to update. I DL the new ver. and installed it. I went to open it up and boom. BSOD with that error. Here is a link to the minidump file. I am running Windows 10 PRO 20H2 OS Build...
  5. BSOD with PFN_LIST_CORRUPT message

BSOD with PFN_LIST_CORRUPT message: Hi! I'm running Windows 10 LTSC 1809 and getting BSOD with PFN_LIST_CORRUPT after booting up. More precisely - after logging in, in process of loading after desktop showed up. What I've done already: 1. Disabled startup for all apps from task manager. 2. Uninstalled all...
  6. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD: Hello, Just a few minutes ago, I encountered a BSOD error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I tried looking for solution online, but I got confused. It happened during me playing a game on Steam Tekken 7 while also streaming. I've done this many times before for years without having...
  7. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD: Hi I keep getting a BSOD any time I try to play a game on my pc and it gives me a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT code. I've done a memory test and sfc/scannow and chkdsk and come up with no errors. I've also gotten an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL once. I've tried pretty much everything I've seen...
  8. Just got a BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just got a BSOD: So I've just gotten another BSOD, anyone know what caused this? I had a BSOD previously as well and posted my minidump, I was told that my previous BSOD was caused by malwarebytes, but idk about this one. Here's my minidump:...
  9. Computer BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Computer BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT: My computer seems to bluescreen out of no where with not much warning. I'm usually running a couple of applications but it tends to happen even when I'm not running games. Sorry for the discord link but i cant upload this dmp file anywhere for some reason including in...
  10. BSOD PFN_List_Corruption

BSOD PFN_List_Corruption: I've been having trouble with BSOD lately on my computer. At first I believed it had to do with a single game, Playerunknowns Battleground, but while it still is far more frequent in this game (never lasts more than 15 minutes), I have had crashes in other games, during login...