Windows 10: Just got this laptop,it's second hand and I can't connect to the wifi, it's keeps doing...

Discus and support Just got this laptop,it's second hand and I can't connect to the wifi, it's keeps doing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hugh_0_Munguz [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hugh_0_Munguz, May 9, 2020.

1. Just got this laptop,it's second hand and I can't connect to the wifi, it's keeps doing...

/u/Hugh_0_Munguz, May 9, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 9, 2020
  3. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, May 9, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Just got this laptop,it's second hand and I can't connect to the wifi, it's keeps doing...

At my wits end with WiFi

I did the sme, with the WAP, i disabled DHCP, and assigned a static IP (192.168.1.2), the adsl router already has a static ip set. i followed th guide here: Wireless access point - DD-WRT Wiki to a T, both with and without the reccommended/optional steps.

Still no joy, and i still can't get my desktop to see the wifi router, wth default settings and a direct connection. My laptop views the wifi router fine, with default settings.

Ok i figured i missed a step when changing to the DD-WRT firmware. I didn;t upgrade to the latest version. i'm doing that now, and i'll try to set it up again.

silkstone, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Just got this laptop,it's second hand and I can't connect to the wifi, it's keeps doing...

1. Just got this laptop,it's second hand and I can't connect to the wifi, it's keeps doing... - Similar Threads - got laptop second

2. Can't log into Windows after resetting second hand laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log into Windows after resetting second hand laptop.: Hi, I did a factory reset on a used Lenovo Thinkpad and get to the Windows login screen. When I try logging in I get this message "we didn't find that email address in your organization. Use another email address or contact your administrator." Please advise....
  3. Can't log into Windows after resetting second hand laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Windows after resetting second hand laptop.: Hi, I did a factory reset on a used Lenovo Thinkpad and get to the Windows login screen. When I try logging in I get this message "we didn't find that email address in your organization. Use another email address or contact your administrator." Please advise....
  4. Can't log into Windows after resetting second hand laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I got a second hand windows 10 laptop and it needs to be updated but I do not have the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I got a second hand windows 10 laptop and it needs to be updated but I do not have the...: I got a secondhand Windows 10 laptop that needs updating, but I do not have the product key for it. Is there any way I can have access to update the windows with the product key?...
  6. I got a second hand windows 10 laptop and it needs to be updated but I do not have the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a second hand windows 10 laptop and it needs to be updated but I do not have the...: I got a secondhand Windows 10 laptop that needs updating, but I do not have the product key for it. Is there any way I can have access to update the windows with the product key?...
  7. I got a second hand windows 10 laptop and it needs to be updated but I do not have the...

8. Second-hand laptop Admin problems

Second-hand laptop Admin problems: Got a second-hand laptop with W11. Old owner still on as Admin. MS365,etc downloads all to his folder. Made myself an Admin but still can't move or control files or make shortcuts. Should I start all over from scratch or is it retrievable?...
  9. I just bought a second hand laptop and it just turned on and off and this happens, is that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just bought a second hand laptop and it just turned on and off and this happens, is that...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/spacecat002 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmnfxy/i_just_bought_a_second_hand_laptop_and_it_just/
  10. Second hand surface laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second hand surface laptop: We recently purchased a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop for work. It is a great product, however after using it for a week found it was incompatible with our work systems and went and purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro. We've uninstalled everything and completed a "Hard...