Windows 10: Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great

Discus and support Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer updated automatically, which SUCKS, and now 3 of my external devices are "The USB set address request failed" including my GD render drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TJohnstonTampa, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:22 PM.

1. Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great

My computer updated automatically, which SUCKS, and now 3 of my external devices are "The USB set address request failed" including my GD render drive with all my client files that I now have to open on my MAC (that I hate but works every time).

So two drives an my LG monitor are "The USB set address request failed." and I can't get them back on for nothing. Tried everything.

Hats off to software dev for pushing **** updates in the middle of important projects.....I guess its "all the rage" these days.

</rant>

:)

TJohnstonTampa, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:22 PM

2. USB issue with win10 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing with the USB drive?
    2. What do you mean when you say "sub-directory link" and "if its saved on a USB drive"?
    3. Is the USB drive letter changing itself after the 1903 update?

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:25 PM
  3. nyahenry Win User
    "A great app is on it's way!"

I just got a new laptop and on the start menu it says for about half of the apps "a great app is on it's way!"

how do I fix this?

4. Thagstrom Win User

Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 will not complete download ?

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

I would suggest going through the guided walkthrough for fixing windows update errors. It is a great resource that will take you step by step in order to fix any issues with windows update.

Also to note, for update 1903 I believe you would need to be a part of the windows insider program to receive that update.

Here is the link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/...

I hope this helps!

Thema:

Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great

1. Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great - Similar Threads - Great 1903 Update

2. Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans: Antivirus Boot Disc There is this Great Post What a good idea - Windows 7 Help Forums And it is a good idea. It links to a web page that has a great article BUT.... "NOVEMBER 9, 2013, 6:40AM EDT" is nearly 7 years old I hope to revive this post and see what people are...
  3. Great new features in Calibre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Great new features in Calibre: Hi folks latest release of Calibre has some great new features for editing / manger / converting e-books. Here's screenshot (this is Linux version but identical in Windows). [img] Cheers jimbo 127808
  4. great applications on the way

great applications on the way: this notification in windows update is not getting installed and not working. similarly new experiences after update not working. these problems are after updates from 1803 to 1809 with build number 17763. i am using windows 10 pro with office 2013. i could repair problems...
  5. "A great app is on it's way!"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "A great app is on it's way!": I just got a new laptop and on the start menu it says for about half of the apps "a great app is on it's way!" how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-great-app-is-on-its-way/72d1f04e-28ed-46a2-b9ab-87916f394d6f
  6. Great feedback

Great feedback: Hi just received a message from Charlie Where to post a great feedback? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/great-feedback/cd33a1a8-f9e1-4e4c-9f71-1826052847db
  7. HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT

HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT: HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT... PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-to-make-my-desktop-icons-great/cc1f8d2e-12e5-44df-9fff-abfc2907577f
  8. Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft just killed my computer and speakers.: After a bunch of annoying messages of "Important update" I decided to finally do it. So in tye morning i got up and let windows update. It took 2 hours, but it was done. Before being greeted the new Agree / Disagree on information collection screen my speakers played a high...
  9. Great video review of updated Bitdefender free!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Great video review of updated Bitdefender free!: Great video review of the updated Bitdefender free. What are your thoughts? Bitdefender Free Antivirus 2017 Review - YouTube My subscription of Norton AV runs out soon and I might go for a free anti virus instead. Bitdefender looks good. 74187
  10. A Great App is on it's way?

A Great App is on it's way?: [img] As you can see in the image, I have 5 tiles of it. Any one know what they are? They send me to the store when I click on them. 17577