Windows 10: Just had 200gb randomly wiped from my C drive.

Discus and support Just had 200gb randomly wiped from my C drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Was doing some work in Houdini and it crashes doing a very simple task. My whole computer started acting weird so I did a restart. No update, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PH0T0Nman, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Just had 200gb randomly wiped from my C drive.

Was doing some work in Houdini and it crashes doing a very simple task. My whole computer started acting weird so I did a restart.

No update, nothing weird but after the restart a bunch of programs have disappeared/don’t work/QTplatform error, my settings and preferences reset, along with 200gb of seemingly randomly selected files disappearing.

Also did a full scan for viruses.

I’m fairly proficient with windows and fixing any problems or errors but I’ve never seen anything like this. I honestly have no idea where to even start to diagnose what the hells happened.

Everything that was deleted was backed up to one drive but I cannot afford for this to happen to my external hard drive which has files to large to back up currently.

Where do I start with diagnosing what happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/PH0T0Nman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PH0T0Nman, Jun 17, 2020

2. how to allocate 200GB for c drive from partitioning of 1TB HDD ?

how we can allocate 200gb for c Drive of 1 TB HDD ?

when I started partitioning at end I am with 400GB for C drive ,after this it is not partitioning ,showing SIZE OF Available shrink "0"MB

AkhilBoyalla, Jun 17, 2020
  3. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Just had 200gb randomly wiped from my C drive.

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Just had 200gb randomly wiped from my C drive.

1. Just had 200gb randomly wiped from my C drive. - Similar Threads - 200gb randomly wiped

2. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C: Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any way to find it?Thank you...
  3. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C: Hello there, I'm trying to cleanup space on my SSD, after showing all the hidden files, there still is 200gb of data that I can't find. Is there any way to find it?Thank you...
  4. Can't find 200gb of space on drive :C

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  6. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  7. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Change my C: Drive to just C:\ permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my C: Drive to just C:\ permanently: How do i change my C:\user to C:\ permanently, even when I'm using the command. It always open to User. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-c-drive-to-just-c-permanently/11b763b1-ba72-4668-a1c6-50a4ab8b6791
  9. Windows activation c drive wiped

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation c drive wiped: I wiped my c drive and reinstalled windows now i don't have an activated windows, on my account when i go to recover the key it says i already reactivated the key but i never did. I orignally bought a prebuilt refurbished dell optiplex 3010 and the only thing from that in...
  10. Had to Wipe the drive clean

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Wipe the drive clean: I had an interesting experience. We had a power failure so Windows 10 did not shut down properly. No big deal, right? It's happened to us all. Just restart as always, and it will correct itself. Nope. It would not restart, it kept saying errors. I had to wipe out...