Windows 10: Just had a big download in the background

Discus and support Just had a big download in the background in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Network Service: Delivery Optimisation has just downloaded a huge file. Anyway to tell what was downloaded as I noticed it in task manager but where to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banger, Jun 2, 2021.

1. banger Win User

Just had a big download in the background

Network Service: Delivery Optimisation has just downloaded a huge file. Anyway to tell what was downloaded as I noticed it in task manager but where to look? As far as I know I am up to date with 19043.1023. But this large download is a surprise.

:)

banger, Jun 2, 2021

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Desktop background is too big for screen.

Hi,

This might be caused by software conflicts. Let's try to resolve this one-by-one. For the desktop background, try changing the settings. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left-panel choose Background.
    • Under Choose a fit, click the drop-down arrow and select
      Fit
      or any other options that will suit your desired output.

Just had a big download in the background 88e5658d-eb4e-47cc-91b5-87c7d4231ae3.png

As for the missing sleep option, try updating the video card. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Select the video card device then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • In the properties window, under the Driver tab, click
      Update Driver.
    • Once done, restart PC.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Just had a big download in the background - Similar Threads - big download background

2. Big download problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big download problem: Hi thereI really will appreciate this very strange problem im having . OK I have uses msfs with simbrief for a long time , I know how it works . OK I do myself a flight plan , generate it . I then go to the bottom and save it to downloads , we'll I click 2020 then choose...
  3. Big download problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big download problem: Hi thereI really will appreciate this very strange problem im having . OK I have uses msfs with simbrief for a long time , I know how it works . OK I do myself a flight plan , generate it . I then go to the bottom and save it to downloads , we'll I click 2020 then choose...
  4. App icons on dektop small with big background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons on dektop small with big background: Alright, so I moved some apps from the search menu to the desktop via drag and drop and now they appear really small. I know how to change the size, but thats not the problem, the icons are super small but there is a background, which doesnt go away. Can I fix this...
  5. App icons on dektop small with big background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icons on dektop small with big background: Alright, so I moved some apps from the search menu to the desktop via drag and drop and now they appear really small. I know how to change the size, but thats not the problem, the icons are super small but there is a background, which doesnt go away. Can I fix this...
  6. background downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background downloads: i have data caps, so i have metered connection turned on for windows 10, but so far this month windows downloaded almost 10 gigs in the background, im assuming it was windows 11, since i have the this computer isnt compatible with windows 11 thing showing up on windows update...
  7. i had a big prob i think

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i had a big prob i think: so I'm not even gonna lie, I was trying to download something and my laptop told me not to run it so I didn't and I made sure to run two full system scans with Norton and it only found cookies so I didn't think much of it. Then, a little while later I was finding out how to...
  8. Skype just decides to download and run in the background?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype just decides to download and run in the background?: Hello, Today I peeked into my system tray and saw skype just hanging out, no warning, nothing. This is on a gaming rig, so I try to keep background processes from being too much. Luckily it had the courtesy to let me quit it, and also disable it on startup through Task...
  9. downloading in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading in the background?: Hello. I keep seeing my gigs being used even though I am not doing anything on my computer. I have already done the following: 1. Shut off background apps 2. Turned off automatic download of apps 3. Turned off live tiles 4. Turned off automatic updates for my...
  10. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update: Whatever update happened yesterday gave me bad effects. The update was lengthy and added a slew of stuff - Cortana, Shopping, Weather - that I got rid of long ago. I've never had problems with updates before this. It was almost impossible to type, and some directories were...