Windows 10: Just had a new hardrive installed and updated to windows10, now the cursor is stuttering

Discus and support Just had a new hardrive installed and updated to windows10, now the cursor is stuttering in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I know close to nothing about computers but I’m fairly good at navigating online guides to resolve any bugs I’ve had in the past. However this one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/authentichoney, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Just had a new hardrive installed and updated to windows10, now the cursor is stuttering

Hi! I know close to nothing about computers but I’m fairly good at navigating online guides to resolve any bugs I’ve had in the past. However this one has seemed to stump me.

I’ve recently had to have a new hard drive placed in my HP pavilion laptop and I decided I should update from windows 8 to windows 10. The update went smoothly and everything was working.

When I got home I installed google chrome and office 365, I’m not sure if this is related but shortly after installing those programs my cursor started to lag behind every 2 seconds. I usually only use the track pad so I thought it was something to do with that and I plugged in a mouse but it still does the same thing.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse under device manager, I’ve disabled realtek startup, I uninstalled google chrome and office 365 hoping that maybe it will return to when I first got it but no solution and I’ve also disabled mouse precision.

I’m not quite sure what other solutions I can try, I’m getting really desperate here.

submitted by /u/authentichoney
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/authentichoney, Feb 7, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Just had a new hardrive installed and updated to windows10, now the cursor is stuttering :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 7, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 7, 2020
  4. senninex Win User

Just had a new hardrive installed and updated to windows10, now the cursor is stuttering

Where WINDOWS UPDATE stored update file in hardrive?

Anybody know where WINDOWS UPDATE stored update file in hardrive?
    Before i've install thai language pakage and size about 600Mb. After that, I need to uninstall Thai language beacause requirement from other installer (install new program).
    After finish that, i tried REINSTALL thai language agains (600Mb). I notice that, window update does not download any file from internet. So i think that the main setup file was stored in my hardrive already but where the location?

Imagine, after a year i've enable autoupdate, i notice that my hardisk space was become small and smaller even do cleaning.

Any bony know this, Pleasesssssssss. Thank

senninex, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Just had a new hardrive installed and updated to windows10, now the cursor is stuttering

1. Just had a new hardrive installed and updated to windows10, now the cursor is stuttering - Similar Threads - hardrive installed updated

2. cursor stutters nonstop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor stutters nonstop: Hey, out of nowhere, when I lunched my PC I saw my cursor stuttering!, at first I thought that the pc might just not be lunched properly yet so I ignored it, afterwards when I lunched an fps game, my aim was stuttering too!, thats when I got worried and tried to fix it on my...
  3. I had just installed the new windows update and now solitaire not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I had just installed the new windows update and now solitaire not working: I got the new update on my desktop and laptop tonight 5/30/2021, and now the wife and I can not get Microsoft Solitaire Collection to work. I don't want to lose our progress by resetting the game app. How do I fix this problem?...
  4. Windows10 backup now that new version of Money is installed.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows10 backup now that new version of Money is installed.: The last backup I completed has my older version of Money. Will the new backup remove the old version and replace it with the latest one? Or will I loose both?? or what. I need expert help. Thanks, Bob My windows 10 version is 18362.1082 165113
  5. Windows10 backup now that new version of Money is installed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10 backup now that new version of Money is installed.: The last backup I completed has my older version of Money. Will the new backup remove the old version and replace it with the latest one? Or will I loose both?? or what. I need expert help. Thanks, Bob My windows 10 version is 18362.1082 165113
  6. cursor stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor stuttering: my cursor stutters when a software is lagging. and its very annoying especially when playing minecraft bedrock. the cursor just stutters for a split second and goes back to normal. this happens so many times...
  7. Screen & Cursor Stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen & Cursor Stuttering: I woke up this morning to find that upon moving my cursor, it would stutter about every 1-2 seconds very briefly. I was frustrated and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new drive. Everything seemed fine for a while, but the problem showed back up after I tried to reinstall my...
  8. New Windows10 1903, is it a full install or just an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows10 1903, is it a full install or just an update: Hi, I was wondering if Windows 1903 is just an update or a full install. I would hate to having to reinstall all my apps and software. Thanks a bunch!!!...
  9. windows10 new update

windows10 new update: Will not show my old files, lets me log in, can only access on line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-new-update/f94f1f53-9f51-4fcc-b857-9d1aa694acac
  10. windows10 new update

windows10 new update: Will not show my old files, lets me log in, can only access on line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows10-new-update/f94f1f53-9f51-4fcc-b857-9d1aa694acac