Windows 10: Just had an update today 9/23/2019 that disabled my usb's making them unable to recognize...

Discus and support Just had an update today 9/23/2019 that disabled my usb's making them unable to recognize... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I see that this has been happening to people for years..... and it is still happening. Nobody home at Microsoft? I uninstalled this last update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregRogers, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Just had an update today 9/23/2019 that disabled my usb's making them unable to recognize...

I see that this has been happening to people for years..... and it is still happening. Nobody home at Microsoft?

I uninstalled this last update, and I am trying a program I found in the forum to hide the update... there was only one to hide, so I hope it is the one that caused it, but it sounds like Microsoft Updates will continue to cause this problem. Also, I am being threatened that I am using a version of Windows 10 that is close to be not supported. With support like this? Who gets support directly from Microsoft?

:)

GregRogers, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2019
  3. USB Memory Stick not recognized by Windows 10

I followed both steps suggested by Anish but still no joy. My laptop 'recognises' the usb by making a sound but fails to open it or even list it.

I'm using a Samsung series 9 laptop with Windows 10 and the USB is Maxwell 8gb.

I've used this same usb before in the same machine with no problems. The connection is obviously good as the red light in the usb comes on but it goes no further.

Hope you can help - there's some crucial stuff on the usb that I need to access.

thanks.

PuzzledProfessor, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Just had an update today 9/23/2019 that disabled my usb's making them unable to recognize...

USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Just had an update today 9/23/2019 that disabled my usb's making them unable to recognize...

1. Just had an update today 9/23/2019 that disabled my usb's making them unable to recognize... - Similar Threads - update today 2019

2. My email on my phone is locked 9/30/23

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email on my phone is locked 9/30/23: How do I unlock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-on-my-phone-is-locked-93023/77381593-1670-48b7-b4ae-3e49ecb2dbe7
  3. Latest update issues.. (9/23)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update issues.. (9/23): Hey all, So, after the recent major update my programs have been acting super weird. It is taking way longer to load. For instance, after every time I launch Firefox about 30 seconds into it opening it will suddenly go through a 30 second period of "not responding". Zoom,...
  4. Had it with teamviewer - how to make them unnecessary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had it with teamviewer - how to make them unnecessary: Hi there seems to me that teamviewer are getting more aggro in what they consider "private" usage -- so I decided to give the 2 fingered "Churchill Salute" and say why do I need you guys any more. The main problem with remote computer communication is to get your public IP...
  5. 1903 Update No Sound 9/9/2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 Update No Sound 9/9/2019: Hi Everyone, For last few years, i've been updating and doing all the troubleshooting available and reverting back to 1709 which brings sound back... and i changed my preferences to no longer update however windows window kept popping up and if i leave my computer on it...
  6. Aug 9, 2019 Update bugs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Aug 9, 2019 Update bugs: I downloaded and installed the "critical" Windows update on August 9. Backblaze would not start until the 18th. Dropbox still will not start. Outlook says "Outlook data file cannot be accessed." So, I have no new email since the update except with my outlook account....
  7. Windows update July 9 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update July 9 2019: Hey, so i woke up today, pc had restarted itself and was on login screen. Signed in, then got the message "Hi/we have some updates for your pc/this might take several minutes" theres no status of the update and it keeps looping those words for about an hour now. Is this...
  8. JULY 9 update 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    JULY 9 update 2019: DEFRAG NO LONGER WORKS?????????????HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/july-9-update-2019/c2c5a09b-8e03-4fd2-b9d0-142e028e2cdf
  9. USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update: I was trying to transfer photos from my LG TracFone to the HP Pavilion laptop and switching between 2 USB ports does not get the device recognized. It has worked previously. Apparently it is calling the phone a USB Charge Only Interface, but that doesn't register on the...
  10. i did a update today 9/23. my icons have left my desktop. where are they win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    i did a update today 9/23. my icons have left my desktop. where are they win 10: I did a update today 9/23 When I came back all of my icons is off my desk top. Where are they? also my taskbar keep leaving my desktop. help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 9/23/2019

2. microsoft patches 9/23/2019