Windows 10: Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different

Discus and support Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to recently completely install windows again, now my display is different from how it was before ie icons are different, I can sign in with a pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PoliteTick, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different

I had to recently completely install windows again, now my display is different from how it was before ie icons are different, I can sign in with a pin now, and my default background is different, if there is a way to fix this I would like to know. I might of clicked something like windows 10 volume 4, if there is a way to get back to the classic design for windows 10 that would be great to know.

Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different c37085d8-f0bf-44e5-8e64-775ef575e0c6?upload=true.png

I would like to change windows 10 to back to a version that has this as a default background, so I know I did it right

Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different f1b3657f-3a51-449a-ad4f-68fc3d212d67?upload=true.jpg

:)

PoliteTick, Jun 4, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 4, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different

1. Just had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 and now the display is a bit different - Similar Threads - complete reinstall display

2. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  3. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  4. I want to completely wipebit by bit the hard drive and reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to completely wipebit by bit the hard drive and reinstall windows 10.: I've faced a ransomware attack last year which encrypted my files with the .eijy extension, so I reset the laptop from "reset this PC" option in the system settings I was still facing performance issues so I reinstalled fresh windows with the help of service center, but yet...
  5. I want to completely wipebit by bit the hard drive and reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to completely wipebit by bit the hard drive and reinstall windows 10.: I've faced a ransomware attack last year which encrypted my files with the .eijy extension, so I reset the laptop from "reset this PC" option in the system settings I was still facing performance issues so I reinstalled fresh windows with the help of service center, but yet...
  6. I want to completely wipebit by bit the hard drive and reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I just had an UPDATE and now my display has symbols for characters .... help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just had an UPDATE and now my display has symbols for characters .... help: I have seen some suggestions for fixing but when I try to do it again... all characters are symbols so cannot read what to select... I did do a font translate copy and paste a file name I knew on my desk top and the online site displayed it in English... so it is a symbol...
  8. Had to reinstall Windows 10 from ISO (USB stick) :: But it looks different now | Is this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Had to reinstall Windows 10 from ISO (USB stick) :: But it looks different now | Is this...: I have an Asus Rog Strix 2 laptop, which came with Windows 10 home installed. Never had any issues with the laptop nor windows, but had a problem where my video player was only playing sound via 1 side of the speakers (the left side), and after exhausting every other option...
  9. Reinstalled Windows 10, now i keep getting different BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalled Windows 10, now i keep getting different BSODs: Title pretty much says it all, recently reinstalled windows 10, first i tried the SSD i had it on originally, then i kept getting BSODs so i thought maybe the SSD was broken somehow, so i formated it and reinstalled it on my other SSD, but i still keep getting SSDs. This was...
  10. Windows 10 completely different after latest update, is it just me?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 completely different after latest update, is it just me?: Edit: Although I received a message of "Updates were successfully installed" right after I opened my computer to all these changes on 8/23, the last update registered is for 8/20 (I did use my computer between these dates), so it may not be an update issue, but those updates...