Windows 10: Just Installed the new Windows Update for May...and my Google Chrome won't open at all.

Discus and support Just Installed the new Windows Update for May...and my Google Chrome won't open at all. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So yesterday, I installed the new Windows Update, the May 2021 "Patch". And ever since installing it I can no longer run Google Chrome, what should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GiancarloD3, May 15, 2021.

1. Just Installed the new Windows Update for May...and my Google Chrome won't open at all.

So yesterday, I installed the new Windows Update, the May 2021 "Patch". And ever since installing it I can no longer run Google Chrome, what should I do? I deleted and reinstalled Google Chrome off my computer, and if I delete the window that automatically opens on a reinstall, I can't run it again. Certain methods have worked such as running Chrome in a compatible mode for Windows 8 but once I do that, after I close Chrome once again it stops running. Either make another patch to fix this issue or teach me how to fix this problem because right now this "patch" is looking absolutely terri

:)

GiancarloD3, May 15, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Hello! Does not seem to be fixed in any way.
    PROBLEM: On Windows 7, with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in IE11.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

On Windows 8.1, a slightly different thing happens:
    PROBLEM: On Windows 8.1, with both Opera and Google Chrome installed and with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in Opera.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

Please fix this in 0.8.2! *Smile Just Installed the new Windows Update for May...and my Google Chrome won't open at all. :)

4. Just Installed the new Windows Update for May...and my Google Chrome won't open at all.

Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Just Installed the new Windows Update for May...and my Google Chrome won't open at all.

1. Just Installed the new Windows Update for May...and my Google Chrome won't open at all. - Similar Threads - Installed Update May

2. Chrome and Youtube and Google not opening on all my browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome and Youtube and Google not opening on all my browser: Please help me with a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-and-youtube-and-google-not-opening-on-all/f34eff29-ce7c-4932-a763-b2e2bcc63571
  3. Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open: Hi! I've been having a recurrent problem with Google Chrome on Windows 10. They started 1-2 months ago. Essentially, what happens is that every time Windows 10 updates, Google Chrome launches once, and once you close it, 2 windows that are all black open up, and promptly...
  4. Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open: Hi! I've been having a recurrent problem with Google Chrome on Windows 10. They started 1-2 months ago. Essentially, what happens is that every time Windows 10 updates, Google Chrome launches once, and once you close it, 2 windows that are all black open up, and promptly...
  5. Why does my Google chrome not open at all on windows 10?

Why does my Google chrome not open at all on windows 10?: I did some reading online and I found out that Chrome used to work on previous versions of windows. Now on windows 10, I am being highly encouraged to use Microsoft Edge and nothing else. The way I used to open it which was deleting the chrome.dll file and then creating a...
  6. Google Chrome Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Won't Open: So, recently every time I try to open Google Chrome, my computer just thinks for a sec, and then stops. at the end, Chrome doesn't open. the only way I have managed to open Chrome is by opening the hidden icon menu in Windows 10 and then clicking the mini Chrome icon and then...
  7. Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update: Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-wont-open-after-windows-10-update/0daded66-cded-4148-8850-4f12f1c8ce07
  8. Google Chrome won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome won't open.: Can someone help me please? My Dad setup Microsoft family features on my Dell Laptop and when I try to open Google Chrome on the non-administrator account it says you can't open it because of Microsoft Family Features but on the administrator account, I can open it. Also, I...
  9. Google Chrome won't open.

Google Chrome won't open.: My Google Chrome file & shortcut won't open, and my Antivirus can't delete the files that I think are causing this. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-wont-open/a9076741-2043-4e2d-9a87-d017ae2b5d57
  10. Google Chrome Won't open properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome Won't open properly: I was programming when I needed to leave my laptop for a while. When I came back, Google Chrome won't open. I tried reinstalling, restarting and it still won't work. Can somebody please help me???...