Windows 10: Just installed Win 10. Went right back to the install screen again! Took 8 GB.

Discus and support Just installed Win 10. Went right back to the install screen again! Took 8 GB. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After it finished, it went straight back to the install screen, an exact repeat of Win 10 install screen. Activation code, keyboard, choose install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/foxMiD, Aug 12, 2020.

1. /u/foxMiD Win User

Just installed Win 10. Went right back to the install screen again! Took 8 GB.

After it finished, it went straight back to the install screen, an exact repeat of Win 10 install screen.

Activation code, keyboard, choose install disk. Brand new SSD, it took about 8 GB. I then exited the install. Booted fine & it's on the

• Let's start with the region. Is this right?

Does it just do that? Can't but wonder whether I should delte it & try again, afraid it might've missed some files or something.

submitted by /u/foxMiD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/foxMiD, Aug 12, 2020

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Aug 12, 2020
  3. kajson Win User
    Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Just installed Win 10. Went right back to the install screen again! Took 8 GB. ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Just installed Win 10. Went right back to the install screen again! Took 8 GB.

Need help install Window!

I have a Asus laptop and it has win 8. I want to install win 10, then burn win 10 to usb drive. In the install screen, I format the harddrive where win 8 was then hit install and realize the disk is in GPT mode so window can't be install. what to do now? I can't get back to win 8 to change the disk to MBR. This laptop has no optical drive also.

mrthanhnguyen, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Just installed Win 10. Went right back to the install screen again! Took 8 GB.

1. Just installed Win 10. Went right back to the install screen again! Took 8 GB. - Similar Threads - installed Went right

2. 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.: Hi here's my specs first off: MPG X570 MSI Gaming Plus Motherboard 2x8 GB Patriot Viper 3000mhz RAM sticks AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 6 core processor GeForce EVGA RTX graphics card CX750M PSU Corsair USB 3.1 Gen 2 PCIe Allegro Captain 240RGB V2 CPU Cooler My problem: I...
  3. win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 8 & win 10 won't install on my pc :: i have a costume PC build and every time i try to install win 8 or 10 , its install and after finish the system stake and never work , i try to Chang the hard drive and nothing happened , but win 7 it's work very good my PC spec : i5-4690k 16gb ram gtx 970 MB :...
  4. 8 gb ram installed only 4 showing

8 gb ram installed only 4 showing: Hello, I have a Lenovo ideapad 310 touch laptop with 8gb ram installed in the ram slot. The laptop came with the 8gb ram installed when it was purchased, this was not a modification. However, the system shows exactly 4.00 gb of ram when I click on about in settings. This is...
  5. Screen just took on a green tint.

Screen just took on a green tint.: The screen just turned green. The PC is working. The screen is part of a all-in-one, so the cable question won't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-just-took-on-a-green-tint/48d6c0b5-536b-4d54-b52e-a1ca16d9ab0c
  6. 8 GB RAM installed but only 3.23 GB usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8 GB RAM installed but only 3.23 GB usable: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home. And I replaced my 4 RAM sticks with 8 GB RAM but my system shows : Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (3.23 GB usable). Please advise if anyone knows how to fix this. [img] 24275
  7. Install win 10 x64 on a 40 GB HDD?

Install win 10 x64 on a 40 GB HDD?: Hi is it a good idea to install windows 10 x64 bit on a 40 GB HDD? I know that the minimum HDD space requirement is 20 GB. I'm planning to only use that drive for OS/updates only and programs will be installed someone else. I want to see if my computer is able to handle...
  8. Win 10 Downloading but not installing, just wants to download again ?

Win 10 Downloading but not installing, just wants to download again ?: I have just downloaded Windows 10 to my Windows 7 Pro machine. The trouble is that after it has downloaded it will not install, but just wants to download all over again ? Need help on this ! 50177
  9. Back to Win 8

Back to Win 8: If I go back from Win 10 Pro and do clean install of Win 8 + 8.1 update will Win 10 self install after first reboot ?? 24704
  10. Went back to Win 7. If I reinstall Win 10. will it be a fresh install?

Went back to Win 7. If I reinstall Win 10. will it be a fresh install?: My Win 10 install seemed to get corrupted, lost the link to the new browser from the task bar and start menu and couldn't load an important program (Schwab street smart edge). So, I went back to Win 7 as the 30 trial period was almost over. I am now invited to upgrade to...