Windows 10: Just installed Windows 10 1909 update and now having printer issues and can not roll back

Discus and support Just installed Windows 10 1909 update and now having printer issues and can not roll back in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 1909 update and now I can't print from Windows Live Mail. I checked to see if I could recover 1903 but Windows Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ISchmidt, Apr 1, 2020.

1. ISchmidt Win User

Just installed Windows 10 1909 update and now having printer issues and can not roll back

I just installed Windows 10 1909 update and now I can't print from Windows Live Mail. I checked to see if I could recover 1903 but Windows Recovery says it has been ten days since I installed 1909 and therefore can not recover. It was less than an hour ago. What should I do?

I seem to be able to print from other programs just not Windows Live Mail. How can I roll back to Windows 10 1903?

:)

ISchmidt, Apr 1, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update November 2019 1909 - Printer issue still not resolved

My printers stopped working after the last Windows 10 update in October 2019. Unfortunately I was not able to remove the specific KB update which created the issue because it was not listed anymore after the version update...

I just installed the last 1909 release hoping that the printer issue would have been fixed but still nothing works.

I have fixed printer spooler but not even Microsoft Print to PDF works...

Any suggestion?

Ivan Franzoni, Apr 1, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Just installed Windows 10 1909 update and now having printer issues and can not roll back

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Just installed Windows 10 1909 update and now having printer issues and can not roll back - Similar Threads - installed 1909 update

2. Rolled back updates now internet not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolled back updates now internet not working.: I think I added some optional features and must have had messed up my internet as I was using a different bios and had some issues connecting. There was a lot of updates and stuff changed I'm not really bright I just can't get my internet to work on games it's uploading web...
  3. Rolled back updates now internet not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rolled back updates now internet not working.: I think I added some optional features and must have had messed up my internet as I was using a different bios and had some issues connecting. There was a lot of updates and stuff changed I'm not really bright I just can't get my internet to work on games it's uploading web...
  4. can't update past 1909 - update assistant rolls back changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't update past 1909 - update assistant rolls back changes?: I am unable to update past Version 1909, I looked and the last update that I was able to do was in May 2021. If I just hit CHECK FOR UPDATES, nothing happens.I have tried the update assistant.. it downloads, restarts and goes to 30% and instantly reboots, and reboots, reboots...
  5. Windows Update 20H2 - Rolled back and then issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 20H2 - Rolled back and then issues: I have a Windows 10 Home Version 1909 on an old desktop PC. On March 9th, the Windows tried to update itself to version 20H2, but by some reason didn't manage to, and then rolled back to version 1909. Since this rolled-back update my wi-fi dongles have given several...
  6. Rolling back to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling back to 1909: So I did update to Windows 2004. And I've just noticed this recently. When defragmenting my SSD, it will run but later on it will not register. It will show as never run again. So here is what I thought, I have the 2004 update past the 10 day given by windows. I'll try to...
  7. Windows 10: 'Windows updates failed to install, rolling back changes' issue

Windows 10: 'Windows updates failed to install, rolling back changes' issue: Since the middle of December 2019, some of my Windows Updates have been constantly failing to install properly. Steps to reproduce the error Ran windows update and downloaded the latest updates. A notification popped up when the system was ready for a restart. When the...
  8. Roll back Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Roll back Windows 10 update: I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to bing, which it's never done before, and I don't know why else than a windows update it would. almost all of my stuff is broken,...
  9. Windows 10 roll back issues

Windows 10 roll back issues: I purchased a laptop from a previous owner and immediately found an issue. Windows 10 was installed on it and it doesn't support win 10. I have issue like updates cant install and the touch pad not working properly. For some reason the previous owner let this go but for me it...
  10. Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 now having this issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 now having this issue: I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and now as I add my software for programs I use I am finding that whenever my mouse isn't on for an exaple a email I am starting and I move my mouse off the email it goes to the back. I then have to minimize my current window to see the...