Windows 10: Just installed Windows 10, everything works, but I have wrong time zone

Discus and support Just installed Windows 10, everything works, but I have wrong time zone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! Title. I have the US & Canada time, and only UTC time. How can I change UTC to CET (I'm from Europe)? submitted by /u/Luki185 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Luki185, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Just installed Windows 10, everything works, but I have wrong time zone

Hello!

Title.

I have the US & Canada time, and only UTC time. How can I change UTC to CET (I'm from Europe)?

submitted by /u/Luki185
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Luki185, Sep 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 10, 2020
  4. KeithJB Win User

Just installed Windows 10, everything works, but I have wrong time zone

Windows is detecting the wrong time zone. What's wrong?

Hi,

I'm normally in Texas but I have been in Panama for a few weeks which is on the same time zone as Texas. Now I am back in Texas (central time) For some reason now, windows thinks im in Pacific time if I let it set time zone automatically. I have location permission on so I don't understand why it is confused about my locations. I have to set the time zone manually. This also affects the weather app which thinks I am in San Francisco! I am on Win10 Home 1909.

Just installed Windows 10, everything works, but I have wrong time zone [​IMG]

Just installed Windows 10, everything works, but I have wrong time zone [​IMG]

KeithJB, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Just installed Windows 10, everything works, but I have wrong time zone

1. Just installed Windows 10, everything works, but I have wrong time zone - Similar Threads - installed everything works

2. Windows Defaulting to Wrong Time Zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defaulting to Wrong Time Zone: This problem has been going on for over a month now. Back in Dec 2020, I borrowed my brother's modem he's from Brisbane. I live in Victoria. Ever since then, my computer seems to think it is in Brisbane. Even when I set the time manually, after turning my computer off...
  3. Wrong 'Time Zone'

Wrong 'Time Zone': Hi there, After post my question I've read many posts trying to solve that issue. For some reason, the time zone configured in my Windows 10 is 'UTC+00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London'. I've followed guidelines about how to change it to 'UTC+01:00 Brussels, Copenhagen,...
  4. wrong time zone

wrong time zone: I just bought a refurb comp but the time zone is set for pacific time and I live in eastern time zone. how do I change it? I have win 10 pro 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-time-zone/c802ddbb-c0d7-4ce8-83fa-c7529fa6d00b
  5. I have the wrong time zone, how to make change?

I have the wrong time zone, how to make change?: Wrong time zone listed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-wrong-time-zone-how-to-make-change/cf706072-3048-4b55-9810-857d27be4906
  6. Windows 10 Morocco time zone is wrong

Windows 10 Morocco time zone is wrong: Hello, This is a statment more than reporting a problem, the Moroccan time has not been yet fixed, on windows, the local time at morocco is UTC+1 not UTC. So is there a way that microsoft will fix that ? Cause this is creating me some problems with some apps. Regards...
  7. Time zone always wrong

Time zone always wrong: So I need some help with my clock and time zone settings. I have multiple windows 10 computers in my house, and they all have the incorrect time zones. For some reason, they think we are in Beijing, China, even though we are in the eastern United States. my first assumption...
  8. Windows 10 time zone always wrong.

Windows 10 time zone always wrong.: My pc time is always wrong and i cant change my time zone. I have turned set time zone automatically off and tried several ways to fix it but it still doesn't work. Can i get some help?...
  9. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...
  10. Wrong time zone detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time zone detected: When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable...