Windows 10: Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked.

Discus and support Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; About 30 minutes ago, just about all websites containing forums became inaccessible. I've never seen that happen before. I could get to Google,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ghot, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked.

About 30 minutes ago, just about all websites containing forums became inaccessible.

I've never seen that happen before. I could get to Google, Amazon, newegg, Imgur, news sites, bank and email sites, but I couldn't get to any websites with forums.

Does anyone know what might cause something like this. Are websites with forums, routed differently than other sites?

They're all back now, but they all dropped for about 30 minutes.

:)

2. Ghot Win User

Tried that... didn't help. Flushed DNS also... didn't help.
    Rebooted comp, didn't help.

I had another tab open, listening to Trump's Nevada speech when it happened. It was a youtube video.
    I'm almost ready to think, it had something to do with that. :/

The video was posted in another forum... a political forum.

While I was listening to that, I was answering a PM on here...then poof... this forum went down...the other forum went down...etc.
    As I said above...for the next 30 mins...every forum I tried to pull up, wouldn't work.
    Non forum sites all worked fine.

Never seen anything like this in 20 years.

Well, it seems Verizon (my provider) had a problem at the exact same time I did.
    I still don't understand why it only hit websites with forums. But apparently something was going on with Verizon...

Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked. [​IMG]

3. Ghot Win User

About 30 minutes ago, just about all websites containing forums became inaccessible.

I've never seen that happen before. I could get to Google, Amazon, newegg, Imgur, news sites, bank and email sites, but I couldn't get to any websites with forums.

Does anyone know what might cause something like this. Are websites with forums, routed differently than other sites?

They're all back now, but they all dropped for about 30 minutes.

4. Ghot Win User

Yeah... I got an Event ID: 1014.

What I don't understand is why it just took down sites with forums. Just about every site that didn't have a forum, worked fine. I have bookmarks for tons of sites WITH forums, and none of them seemed to work.

How could a DNS server problem only affect sites with forums?

Thema:

1. Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked. - Similar Threads - lost almost websites

2. This site can't be reached on almost all websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This site can't be reached on almost all websites: Hello, I have a problem accesing almost all websites on my laptop since new Windows update. There's no problem reaching them on different device phone connected to the same Wi-Fi and mobile hotspot so probably it's not about internet connection. The same websites don't open...
  3. This site can't be reached on almost all websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This site can't be reached on almost all websites: Hello, I have a problem accesing almost all websites on my laptop since new Windows update. There's no problem reaching them on different device phone connected to the same Wi-Fi and mobile hotspot so probably it's not about internet connection. The same websites don't open...
  4. Lost Navigating this forum -- Message for Greg Carmic

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Navigating this forum -- Message for Greg Carmic: Greg, I did reply to you after your follow-up instructions. My screencaps seem to upload but I guess you did not receive them.Per Microsoft, the file is part of Windows but is rarely used except by engineers at Microsoft. The file was /is named "It is not malware. It is a UWP...
  5. Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked.

in Windows 10 Support
    Just lost almost all the websites with forums. Rest worked.: About 30 minutes ago, just about all websites containing forums became inaccessible. I've never seen that happen before. I could get to Google, Amazon, newegg, Imgur, news sites, bank and email sites, but I couldn't get to any websites with forums. Does anyone know what...
  6. Lost Almost Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Almost Everything: I recently got on my hp laptop and when I put in my pin, it said preparing windows as if it had factory reset. The weird thing is a couple desktop applications survived but NO files. Everything on it except for those was deleted. The only change I made was stopping microsoft...
  7. WINDOWS KEY NOT WORKING - Already tried all thing on this forum

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS KEY NOT WORKING - Already tried all thing on this forum: My windows key simply stoped working Now when I try to use WIN+ "something" it selects the icon with the letter I press. Like I press WIN+Dto desktop it selects the icon with a letter D Already tried everything I seen in this forum about it nothing seem to work...
  8. Lost all my work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my work: Hello, I'm really very devastated. I have spent all evening working on an assignment on Microsoft word - I don't trust auto save (however this was on earlier today and I can't even find these versions?) so have been pressing save (CTRL + S) every 5-10 minutes when updating...
  9. I just lost all my files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just lost all my files: So to start out let me just say how **** the microsoft support system is. Seriously having to navigate my way through that **** robot just so I can have an opportunity to talk to a person was irritating. What was infuriating was when I finally was able to "talk to a person"...
  10. All website logons lost when powering up the computer

in Browsers and Email
    All website logons lost when powering up the computer: I am not sure if this is a win 10 issue or a browser issue. I use the latest IE on my system running win 10 home 64 bit. Whenever I power up the computer, all my logon details for every website are lost and I have to manually logon to each website that I am a member of...