Windows 10: Just me or Anniversary Update made Startup and Shutdows slower? Login?

Discus and support Just me or Anniversary Update made Startup and Shutdows slower? Login? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Even Restart is slower. Sometimes, it seems to be fast as it was before the Update, but 70% of times I start or shutdown my PC, it's about 10-15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Siegfriedm, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Just me or Anniversary Update made Startup and Shutdows slower? Login?

Even Restart is slower.
    Sometimes, it seems to be fast as it was before the Update, but 70% of times I start or shutdown my PC, it's about 10-15 seconds slower than before.
    Can be related to account login? Because it also removed my profile image, and I'm not able to make it shows again. And I don't remember how to remove "lock" screen.

:)

Siegfriedm, Aug 5, 2016
  2. dbealy1 Win User

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10

I am trying to update my win 8.1 to win 10, i have installed some updates that said it needed, then it just keeps saying restart to finish updates, i restart and this window pops up again.

Also clicking the win 10 app in the toolbar says its downloading in the background, click to check progress, i click this and it takes me to the screen telling me to restart.

Also on the restard/ shutdown button to power down the pc, it says update and shutdow/ update and restart and just shut downs or restards, not updating

dbealy1, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Gulega Win User
    Windows 10 unable to do a restart

It attemps to shutdow and hangs somwhere int the process.

Gulega, Aug 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Just me or Anniversary Update made Startup and Shutdows slower? Login?

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Just me or Anniversary Update made Startup and Shutdows slower? Login?

1. Just me or Anniversary Update made Startup and Shutdows slower? Login? - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update made

2. Microsoft made me update!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft made me update!!!: I was forced to update the computer because it wouldnt work untill it was done and now all of my files and photos are deleted . It was a newish laptop so i hadnt fully set it up for a issue like this eg back up file now ive lost all my photos of my kids growing up. Im am so...
  3. 1804 update made my computer slower than a 286

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1804 update made my computer slower than a 286: Everything takes forever. Clicking on a file in Explorer causes a "Not responding" message to appear sometimes for as long as 30 seconds before it finally selects the file. Web pages are delayed from 10 to 30 seconds. Sometimes programs don't start at all. I have a fast...
  4. Windows 10 Creator Update made Minecraft run slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Creator Update made Minecraft run slower: Title says it all. Yesterday (9/1/2017) my PC forcefully updated to the Windows 10 Creator Update build. Since then, Minecraft (one of my favorite games) has been running like I am on old hardware. I think this will affect other games, and maybe even other applications as...
  5. Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update: Of course after I set everything to not need password login my PC and MS reset everything back to login with password or PIN. Sure these are all saved, on drives etc. only accessible from the PC environment. There is a lot of bad information on how to successfully recover...
  6. Anniversary update gives haphazard login

Anniversary update gives haphazard login: Just received the update from 1511 to 1607 and during the login proceedure,the password is sometimes accepted,sometimes rejected,with no logical reason.The only fix so far is to restart.Has anyone else found this to happen and if so,is there a solution? 65626
  7. Updates post Anniversary just keep running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates post Anniversary just keep running: Since the Anniversary update, Windows has updated 3 times. Each time I have restarted my PC to install, it just runs and runs ie the little whirly circle on the screen and an occasional blip on the hard disk light. The first time I let it run for 3 hours as I saw this being...
  8. Anniversary update has a login flaw.

Anniversary update has a login flaw.: I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Just did the anniversary update for Win 10, and have one problem, so far. I use to be able to either start the windows, or wake it up and go right to the program. Now I can start it when off, but when waking it up I had some kind...
  9. Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update: SO everything was running fine before I installed the anniversary update. After the update, the login screen (the screen in which I put my password) takes literally hours to load up. Instead, I just see spinning circles. [img] So, what I do is force shut down my PC...
  10. Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anniversary Update - some actions slower but some faster: I was having issues in mid July around the last update on the original Win 10 build. July 12th updates to be specific. Around that time I had some issues that could have been all kinds of possibilities (malware or hardware or just bad files) I went for a full clean install...