Windows 10: Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

Discus and support Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luca_W11, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Luca_W11 Win User

Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take too long to attempt the actions and then ask about, so that is my fault. For the time being, I do still need that help.One Drive has been unlinked from my computer and I have confirmed that deleting something off of the One Drive website does not affect my computer's files. I was informed to then create a folder and then move all files to that folder. How do I do that step by step? Do I send the files from the website itself? If I move a file t

:)

Luca_W11, Apr 25, 2024
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Why were SMART Files Removed from OneDrive in Windows 10?

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

This article details why SMART files, also known as placeholder files, were removed from OneDrive in Windows 10.

Details

OneDrive has gone through many changes in Windows 10, most notably the removal of SMART files (placeholder files) from OneDrive. They still exist in Windows 8.1, however they were removed, hopefully temporarily, from OneDrive in Windows 10 because of the
    fragmented sync engines between OneDrive on Windows 7/Mac, OneDrive on Windows 8.1, and OneDrive for Business. The following article details what changes the OneDrive team made and why they made them:

Taking the Next Step in
    OneDrive

From a development point of view, it's a much better approach to consolidate their codebase, but from a user point of view, it's very frustrating.

Like many of us, if you want that feature back, please vote for it here on the OneDrive UserVoice page:

OneDrive UserVoice: "Sync online only" for Ondrive

Getting Started with OneDrive and Choosing Folders

To get started with OneDrive in Windows 10, please review these pages to familiarize yourself with the tools new processes:

Since you cannot choose which files are Available Online-only and Available Offline, you can choose the folders you want to sync. Review these two pages:

stanimal21, Apr 25, 2024
  4. flycaster Win User

Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

Remove files from OneDrive?

Thanks. Was helpful and I'm now set up on OneDrive.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I have removed the files/folders I did not want on the cloud, however when going to File Explorer>OneDrive, these files/folders are still showing under OneDrive. As they have been removed from the cloud, can I now simply delete them from File Explorer>OneDrive? These files/folders were taken from another folder that still exists within File Explorer. My fear is that if I remove from OneDrive, I may be removing them from the computer's hard drive???

flycaster, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

1. Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in... - Similar Threads - need little more

2. Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...: I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take too long to attempt the actions and then ask about, so that is my fault. For the time being, I do still need that help.One...
  3. i need help removing a file

i need help removing a file: it doesnt let me open or delete it, when i try to open it it pops up with "Windows cannot open the foler. Access to the Compressed zipped folder 'where its stored' is denied". and idk what to do, and ive tried going to properties and going to security and that doesnt work...
  4. i need help removing a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help removing a file: it doesnt let me open or delete it, when i try to open it it pops up with "Windows cannot open the foler. Access to the Compressed zipped folder 'where its stored' is denied". and idk what to do, and ive tried going to properties and going to security and that doesnt work...
  5. i need help removing a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive: Using the "Backing Up" and "Sync" settings options in Windows 11 for the purpose of saving nothing more than my Windows 11 Settings, Windows 11 has taken it upon itself to transfer my files to its OneDrive cloud.I never wanted this to occur and Windows 11 has circumvented my...
  7. Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive: Using the "Backing Up" and "Sync" settings options in Windows 11 for the purpose of saving nothing more than my Windows 11 Settings, Windows 11 has taken it upon itself to transfer my files to its OneDrive cloud.I never wanted this to occur and Windows 11 has circumvented my...
  8. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer: I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from recent, nothing happens. How do I remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer?...
  9. OneDrive just destroyed all of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive just destroyed all of my files: Hi,I had my documents, pictures, and desktop all backed up to OneDrive, I was getting really sick of what OneDrive does to my PC, for example breaking all thumbnails, so I moved all the files out of OneDrive back onto my local drive, and disabled syncing of these folders....
  10. need a little help

need a little help: Hello, I have Windows 10 build 10166 installed on my Sager laptop. Tried to install intel extreme tuning utility but get a message "check to see if you have sufficient privileges to start 3xtu services" However it installed without a hitch on my Alienware 17 which has the...