Windows 10: Just now finding missing files

Discus and support Just now finding missing files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I thought I got lucky when I heard about all the missing files from your October update, but I guess not. I just noticed that half of my artwork is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by whiwo65, Oct 28, 2018.

1. whiwo65 Win User

Just now finding missing files

I thought I got lucky when I heard about all the missing files from your October update, but I guess not. I just noticed that half of my artwork is missing and now several backup legacy software has disappeared into thin air. One of these, I use daily. I've sent a request to the developer for a replacement but I'm not hopeful, even though I have my activation code. If I have to spend another $200 for this again, I'm gonna be p****!

I spent two whole days updating my mother's computer remotely for the April update because it wouldn't install; even though she had a brand new computer. I had to wipe everything out and do a completely new install from scratch. Then had to reinstall all her software, set up her printer all the while trying to keep her engaged because I can't do everything from Georgia when she's in Texas.

I haven't complained yet but in all honesty, you folks need to do a MUCH BETTER job in ensuring your updates work. I'm not talking about compatibility issues with certain hardware as it's up to manufacturers to ensure their stuff works with each update. I'm talking strictly about the installation of your software and its effects on folks computers. You either no longer care or are just plain lazy. The lack of quality assurance before pushing these updates out is dismal.

DO BETTER.

:)

whiwo65, Oct 28, 2018

2. Trouble finding files in File Explorer

Hi William,

To help you locate your missing files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows and type the file name.
    • Click My stuff to find results for all the files across your computer and OneDrive.

Let us know the outcome.

Dennis Mop, Oct 28, 2018
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Just now finding missing files

Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Just now finding missing files

1. Just now finding missing files - Similar Threads - finding missing files

2. i just got a new pc and windows search bar work just fine now it say file is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just got a new pc and windows search bar work just fine now it say file is missing: i cant access settings, windows search bar and mircrosft store it says file dose not have an app associated with it for performing this action settings not working even tho its settings i need help plz thank you...
  3. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  4. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  5. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  7. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  8. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

9. Files just gone Missing..

Files just gone Missing..: I had a bunch of softwares nearly 60GB which has now just gone missing, the space is still occupied by the files, But the parent folder is just not visible. It's not hidden I have checked that and I even ran a recovery software to check for lost files and it just didn't find...
  10. Compare and Find Missing Files

Compare and Find Missing Files: Usually on upgrading my disks and cards for higher capacities 99% of the time I face an unrecoverable copy interruption the reasons may vary and 99% of the time its windows idiocy . The funny thing is the straight forward solution never works for me , I did test it over...