Windows 10: Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as...

Discus and support Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As per the title, I just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade via my Microsoft account linked to my PC, and following this immediately clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WilliamHoward7, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as...

As per the title, I just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade via my Microsoft account linked to my PC, and following this immediately clicked the install button.

Following the reboot, i find that it lists the version of Windows as Windows 10 Enterprise and that it cannot be activated with the error code: 0x803F7001

I have no idea why the Enterprise version has been installed, as I was expecting the Pro version, I am also assuming this is why the activation is failing as the digital upgrade I purchased was for the Pro edition.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? All searching through the Microsoft documents pointed me at a US phone number (I'm UK based) or this help community.

Many thanks.

:)

WilliamHoward7, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 1, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as...

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as...

1. Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as... - Similar Threads - purchased home pro

2. purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls: I purchased pro upgrades for a number of machines. I recently had a ransomware attack so I replaced the OS drive and now it only installs windows 11 home and not the pro upgrade. What can be done?...
  3. I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but it is showing Windows Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but it is showing Windows Home: Desperate for some help. I purchased a Dell XPS13 with Windows 10 Pro installed and Bitlockered the C drive. I haven't used the laptop in almost a year and today decided to start updating it and moving everything to this new laptop. I couldn't find Bitlocker installed and...
  4. I purchased Windows 10 PRO, to upgrade from Window 10 HOME - FAIL!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I purchased Windows 10 PRO, to upgrade from Window 10 HOME - FAIL!: Hello Community, I have a problem activating my PC after installing Windows 10 PRO from W10 HOME that took place today 7/16/21.I've been using a custom PC Digitalstorm with Windows 10 Home edition since 2016. The PC came with the Windows 10 Home CD. Over the years, I've...
  5. i just purchased windows 10 home to pro upgrade - confirmation email includes link that...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i just purchased windows 10 home to pro upgrade - confirmation email includes link that...: i just purchased windows 10 home to pro upgrade - confirmation email includes link that says "The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available."...
  6. Purchased Windows 10 Home, system showing it as 10 Pro

Purchased Windows 10 Home, system showing it as 10 Pro: Hi all, Bit puzzled what happened, really : I purchased Windows 10 Home to replace my Windows 7. Installation went smoothly I choose one with keeping all files and application but when I'm trying to activate it, that's when it goes south. On Activation part of the Settings...
  7. I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem...

I have just purchased an upgrade for windows , from home to pro , but im having a problem...: Please be advised that we have upgraded from windows 10 home by purchasing the windows 10 pro and it is not updating on installation. It runs the upgrade and after 100% upgrade on the second upgrade after restart it says unable to upgrade and it undoes the entire upgrade....
  8. where to purchase upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

where to purchase upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: Having problems getting to location to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Everything states goto the Microsoft store which I do, then windows, then I get lost in options not related to the upgrade. It wants to upgrade me from previous versions of windows instead of...
  9. Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating

Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating: On my quite new and still under warranty Surface Pro 6, which came with Windows Home, I purchased from the MS Store the upgrade to Windows Pro. It seemed to be ok, but I noticed the other day that Activate Windows appears in the bottom right of the screen and when I go to...
  10. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.: I just bought a new laptop that came with win 1 0home, which I immediately bought the upgrade to Win10 Pro. but less than a week into owning the new laptop, it developed a hardware issue that required me to return the unit. will the upgrade I bought work on the replacement...