Windows 10: Just realized that Chrome is staying open in the background

Discus and support Just realized that Chrome is staying open in the background in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was having a problem with my CCleaner Not clearing my browsing on exit as I have it set to do. Then by chance I was looking at my taskbar and looked... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Just realized that Chrome is staying open in the background

I was having a problem with my CCleaner Not clearing my browsing on exit as I have it set to do. Then by chance I was looking at my taskbar and looked at some of the programs that were running and I noticed that Chrome was running in the background. When I right clicked on it it gave me the option to uncheck allow Chrome to run in the background.

No wonder my browsing was not being cleared when I closed Chrome because in reality I was never closing Chrome. These browsers are starting to do some pretty invasive and tricky things if you ask me.

Just wondering if everybody else was aware of this

:)

Eaglepi, Jan 15, 2020
  2. ethel Win User

Hi, These settings are supposed to stop chrome running in the background*Smile

Just realized that Chrome is staying open in the background [​IMG]

ethel, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Eaglepi Win User

Thanks for your reply, as noted in my original post you can toggle it from taskbar as well. This issue was already resolved but I do appreciate your post

Eaglepi, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Just realized that Chrome is staying open in the background - Similar Threads - realized Chrome staying

2. Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it: As said in the title, I've reinstalled it 3 times and no change, deleted some files in the user data folder but nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-just-crashing-immediately-when-i-open-it/902f169f-53b2-43c9-b1af-11394535d851
  3. Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome is just crashing immediately when I open it: As said in the title, I've reinstalled it 3 times and no change, deleted some files in the user data folder but nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-just-crashing-immediately-when-i-open-it/902f169f-53b2-43c9-b1af-11394535d851
  4. I just realized i have 3 Xbox accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just realized i have 3 Xbox accounts.: When I started playing Xbox a while ago I made an account, somewhere along the line I forgot I made an account so I made a new one, this then got repeated. Today I searched up my user and found out about this, I figured out which email was connected to which and realized that...
  5. I just realized i have 3 Xbox accounts.

I just realized i have 3 Xbox accounts.: When I started playing Xbox a while ago I made an account, somewhere along the line I forgot I made an account so I made a new one, this then got repeated. Today I searched up my user and found out about this, I figured out which email was connected to which and realized that...
  6. None on my programs are staying open, they just close randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    None on my programs are staying open, they just close randomly.: Hello,My pc has started to just close any program I try to open, i try opening any program like the minecraft launcher for example but it closes itself seconds later, my anti virus software wont stay open long enough for me to do anything, but programs like word and steam...
  7. I can't open Google Chrome, it just stays in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open Google Chrome, it just stays in the taskbar: I open google chrome and it stays on the taskbar and when I click it doesn't go into full screen its still their because I can see the chrome page when I hover over! Before you ask I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cookies and caches and the issue is only...
  8. Unable to Change Chrome Background

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Change Chrome Background: After doing a clean install of Windows 10 for a friend I began to get everything back to where it was for him. He had Chrome as his default browser with his home page being the New Tab page, with this NASA space background. When he called for an update I told him that his...
  9. website stay open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    website stay open: why do my websites return after i turn my computer off and on thought, they close automatically THANK YOU TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-stay-open/384715ac-ae77-4ecc-b892-61c8607853e7
  10. just realized that windows essentials is no longer available..

just realized that windows essentials is no longer available..: Was going to use windows movie maker 11 on my windows 10 and see it is no longer available as part of that package called Essentials .. I guess I could drop over $60 for an ''on line same type'' program.. but here's the deal ..Why? I am so glad I still have windows XP pro...