Windows 10: Just received a security alert that froze my screen and directed me to "Wndows Security". I...

Discus and support Just received a security alert that froze my screen and directed me to "Wndows Security". I... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just received a virus alert from Microsoft Edge that froze my computer. The computer instructs me to call Widows Support at a toll free number. I know... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BobMartinBC, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Just received a security alert that froze my screen and directed me to "Wndows Security". I...

Just received a virus alert from Microsoft Edge that froze my computer. The computer instructs me to call Widows Support at a toll free number. I know this is a scam but I need instructions on how to unfreeze the computer

:)

BobMartinBC, Mar 25, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Internet security

If you must have AVG...

Here is the comparison list --> We’ve got the right protection for you

Seems the AVG Premium Security 2014 is the better deal; as, it has all the features of the other, plus Identity Alert, Quick Tune and Premium Mobile Security.

95Viper, Mar 25, 2020
  3. pop-ups security alerts

Tried everything that was suggested . Still getting security alerts ( even while reading the e-mail from this issue .Also .when I tried to enter command prompt as was suggested on this .
    • Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type cd/.
    • Press Enter.
    • Type "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff.
    • Press Enter.
    • This did not go through .I forget the answer it gave ?
    • But nothing happened to change the fact I get security alerts ( in all I.E 11 , yahoo.ca.com/ my home page & Facebook ) in fact on any page I open .So annoying .I click esc, it stops and comes right back on my screen .Also tried the internet
      settings suggested on tools .Dated Aug,20.2017. Thank you .

leonormarie, Mar 25, 2020
  4. RaminSafa Win User

Just received a security alert that froze my screen and directed me to "Wndows Security". I...

Security Alert Verification

I am trying to verify a security alert I have been receiving suggesting to call 866-288-3170 about a possible compromise of my system and devices. The internet security code mentioned is 055BCCAC9FEC. I have not called as I am not sure if this is a legitimate
    site or a scam. Any input or similar case?

RaminSafa, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Just received a security alert that froze my screen and directed me to "Wndows Security". I...

1. Just received a security alert that froze my screen and directed me to "Wndows Security". I... - Similar Threads - received security alert

2. I received windows defender security centre alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received windows defender security centre alert: Need immediate help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-windows-defender-security-centre-alert/ac1b4513-7b67-4bd2-9759-d4163223502c
  3. I received windows defender security centre alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received windows defender security centre alert: Need immediate help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-windows-defender-security-centre-alert/ac1b4513-7b67-4bd2-9759-d4163223502c
  4. security alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  5. security alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  6. Security alert!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Security alert!: Hi, guys. So I woke up this morning, I booted my laptop as usual, only to find that my firewall is turned off, along with my real time Web protection inside of Malwarebytes premium. I'm kinda panicking right now since I can't turn on firewall and real time web protection....
  7. Security Alert on screen with noise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Alert on screen with noise: Screen suddenly changed and voice announced my IP address was being used illegally, and the Windows 10 was blocked. Also, an alarm began sounding. I turned off the computer and restarted it twice. The start up seemed slow and odd. Is this alert valid?...
  8. Security alert I received

Security alert I received: My personal laptop computer suddenly gave me an alert saying my computer was compromised by a Russian malware Trojan horse. I called the number they gave. They wanted to sell me security software. Is it a scam?...
  9. Security Alert

Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47453
  10. Security Alert

in Windows 10 News
    Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47451