Windows 10: Just received this e-mail claiming to be from Microsoft

Discus and support Just received this e-mail claiming to be from Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just received this e mail claiming to be from Microsoft The senders e mail address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***> It looks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alasdair MacCuish, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Just received this e-mail claiming to be from Microsoft

I have just received this e mail claiming to be from Microsoft

The senders e mail address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

It looks very suspicious

Dear Microsoft user,

You are receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to our products and services that you use.

Your account needs to be updated in our Microsoft Services Agreement as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account.

Please click on the following link and sign-in to your account.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en/servicesagreement

Once you have signed in, your account services will continue as normal.

If you do not update, we will be forced to close your account.

Thank you for using Microsoft products and services.

© Microsoft 2020

:)

Alasdair MacCuish, Apr 8, 2020

2. Unable to receive e-mails in Windows Mail

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in receiving your e-mails.

I would suggest you to remove and reconfigure the account back in the device. Reconfiguring the account should force it to sync again you will be able to receive E-mails.

If you are looking for Roll back to your previous Operating System then I would suggest you to refer to the steps given in the article to Can I go back to my Old Operating System?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/help-upgrade-windows-10

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 8, 2020
  3. MikeS6 Win User
    Receive e-mail correspondence at an e-mail address that is not associated with my account

When I order, for example, movies from the Windows Store, I always receive the order receipt at an e-mail address that is not associated with my Microsoft Account. The e-mail address is not listed anywhere in my Microsoft Account, yet I continue to receive
    correspondence at that address.

I do not want to continue receiving correspondence related to my Microsoft Account at that e-mail address. Within the online account management tools provided at http://account.microsoft.com, however, I can find no way to change that behavior.
    The e-mail address is not listed as an account alias (in
    Your info > Manage sign-in email or phone number), it is not part of my billing profile (in
    Payment & billing >
    Billing info), and it is not listed as an alternative e-mail address (in
    Security & privacy > More security settings).

It is my understanding (from various chats with Microsoft support) that the e-mail address in question may have been the primary e-mail address on the account in the past, which is why it is still (somehow) associated with my Microsoft Account despite the
    fact that I removed it from my Account a long time ago. Various levels of Microsoft Support have been unable to help. They just keep passing me along to different departments without ever helping. Their latest response pointed me to this community. Is there
    any way someone at Microsoft can remove that e-mail address so that it is no longer associated with my Microsoft Account?

MikeS6, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Just received this e-mail claiming to be from Microsoft

Strange language in Microsoft e-mails received

This is a sample of the e-mail language I receive from Microsoft:

หากนี่คือคุณ คุณสามารถเพิกเฉยต่ออีเมลนี้ได้อย่างปลอด ัย

หากนี่ไม่ใช่คุณ แสดงว่าบัญชีของคุณตกอยู่ในอันตราย โปรดทำตามขั้นตอนเหล่านี้:

เมื่อไม่ต้องการหรือเปลี่ยนแปลงที่ที่คุณได้รับการแจ้งให้ทราบเกี่ยวกับความปลอด ัย ให้

คลิกที่นี่

ขอบคุณ

ทีมงานบัญชี Microsoft

What causes this? How do I correct it?

EdFernandez444, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Just received this e-mail claiming to be from Microsoft

1. Just received this e-mail claiming to be from Microsoft - Similar Threads - received mail claiming

2. Not receiving e-mail from Microsoft on my Zimbra e-mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving e-mail from Microsoft on my Zimbra e-mail.: Hello, let me explain the whole context for a better understanding.Basically I decided to install Ubuntu alongside my Windows, so I could use both as I like using the dual boot feature. The installation went flawlessly, and I am really happy that I now have two separate...
  3. Not receiving e-mail from Microsoft on my Zimbra e-mail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving e-mail from Microsoft on my Zimbra e-mail.: Hello, let me explain the whole context for a better understanding.Basically I decided to install Ubuntu alongside my Windows, so I could use both as I like using the dual boot feature. The installation went flawlessly, and I am really happy that I now have two separate...
  4. Not receiving e-mails.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving e-mails.: Hey guys. So, i want to change the PIN when opening the windows but they ask me for a code wich they send through Yahoo mail. The problem is that i am not receiving theese emails. I checked and re-checked my email so i can assure it's the right one but no luck. What should i...
  5. Sending e-mail is possible but no e-mails can be received?

in Browsers and Email
    Sending e-mail is possible but no e-mails can be received?: A friend of mine tells me that he can send but not receive email from Yahoo-Mail and that it is probably a server malfunction. What possibilities are there for problem solving or hints / instructions. I also do not know whether he accesses his e-mail program via the...
  6. Not Receiving E-Mails

Not Receiving E-Mails: Hello, All, I have Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga C630 laptop. There are 4 linked email accounts, but now only one updates with new emails. Specifically with AOL, I repeatedly receive messages that my account is "out of date", but it does not update despite multiple attempts...
  7. E-mail not sending/receiving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E-mail not sending/receiving: E-mail : Fix Outlook error Ox8004060C during the Send/Receive operation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-not-sendingreceiving/feff0be5-030e-469d-b70f-41808ea9c006
  8. e-mail not received

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    e-mail not received: i was trying to redeem my windows 10 edition of minecraft but i did not receive the e-mail containing the code for the minecraft. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-not-received/5d4af92d-afdb-4b1a-a839-43b7470df5da"
  9. Received E-Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Received E-Mail: I just received an email claiming to be from Microsoft thanking me for my order of Defender Firewall for 499.99. I did not order Defender Firewall. It gave me an order number and said if I want to cancel to call 888-632-0222. How do I stop this crook that somehow got my...
  10. Receiving notification e-mail from microsoft in another language

Receiving notification e-mail from microsoft in another language: Hello, I've been receiving e-mail from Microsoft in another language in my account. I have searched through all the available settings in the Account page and selected my language as turkish. But I'm still getting e-mail from Microsoft in Deutsch Please help!...