Windows 10: Just replaced my old computer and cannot access my OneDrive Upgraed account files?

Discus and support Just replaced my old computer and cannot access my OneDrive Upgraed account files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can you help please? Tried logging into my Microsoft account but it only shows the default 5GB storage. I purchased the 1TB upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarveyJoanning, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Just replaced my old computer and cannot access my OneDrive Upgraed account files?

Can you help please?

Tried logging into my Microsoft account but it only shows the default 5GB storage. I purchased the 1TB upgrade.

:)

HarveyJoanning, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 21, 2019
  4. (Paul)BC Win User

Just replaced my old computer and cannot access my OneDrive Upgraed account files?

Replacing old laptop but keeping MS account the same

I just got a new laptop to replace my older one. What i want to do is use my current Microsoft account for the new laptop and put my old laptop under a new account. Eventually, after all the files are moved, i will probably deactivate the new MS account
    (with the old laptop) Also, I want to move my files from

my old laptop to my new laptop via OneDrive. I have family pics that i don’t want to lose. What is the the step-by-step process for all of this? Am I forgetting anything? I am getting older and I don’t think these things through as well as i used to. Thanks
    for your assistance.

Best regards,

Paul

(Paul)BC, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Just replaced my old computer and cannot access my OneDrive Upgraed account files?

1. Just replaced my old computer and cannot access my OneDrive Upgraed account files? - Similar Threads - replaced old computer

2. CANNOT ACCESS MY WINDOWS ACCOUNT and computer *HELP*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT ACCESS MY WINDOWS ACCOUNT and computer *HELP*: Hello, I need help accessing my work computer ASAP and tried all the online troubleshooting and recovery method for the account. I don't have enough information to get identified with this account and no possible recovery method. It is the only account/profile on this...
  3. CANNOT ACCESS MY WINDOWS ACCOUNT and computer *HELP*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT ACCESS MY WINDOWS ACCOUNT and computer *HELP*: Hello, I need help accessing my work computer ASAP and tried all the online troubleshooting and recovery method for the account. I don't have enough information to get identified with this account and no possible recovery method. It is the only account/profile on this...
  4. I cannot access my old word files

I cannot access my old word files: I have a new MacBook Pro 2022. My old Macbook Pro 2014 had Microsoft for Mac installed and I used quite a bit Word. Unfortunately I was misguided by Apple Support, I download "supposedly" all my computer into an outside drive, erased with their assistance my entire old...
  5. I cannot access my old word files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my old word files: I have a new MacBook Pro 2022. My old Macbook Pro 2014 had Microsoft for Mac installed and I used quite a bit Word. Unfortunately I was misguided by Apple Support, I download "supposedly" all my computer into an outside drive, erased with their assistance my entire old...
  6. Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.: I read I should make a user non-administrative account for everyday online use of my laptop. I added an account that is me but not as administrator. I need to access all my personal files with my new user account. I tried making one folder shareable as a test. That failed....
  7. Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.: I read I should make a user non-administrative account for everyday online use of my laptop. I added an account that is me but not as administrator. I need to access all my personal files with my new user account. I tried making one folder shareable as a test. That failed....
  8. Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.

9. Onedrive interferes with accessing old files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive interferes with accessing old files: I briefly downloaded onedrive to my desktop and I was no longer able to find the files I'd saved- photos and documents. I only find onedrive folders which are empty. Since then I've removed onedrive from my computer but it still is the default setting for storage and I still...
  10. security info replaced and now I cannot access my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security info replaced and now I cannot access my account: I received an email today saying that my security info has been replaced after the 30 day waiting period. When I tried to log into my account the old phone number seems to be there and I cannot log in. How can I contact someone at Microsoft to sort this or can someone here...